Kitty

It's been so damn long, right? :/ Ive been writing some one shots I'll post soon, and because this one's a little short, I'll post another one later today :) *cheers myself*

Enjoy <3

__________________

"Daddy! Daddy! Daaaaaaaddy!"

Wally snapped his head up when he heard his 5-year-old daughter's footsteps on the main hall. She wasn't running at super speed, which was something he'd never understand. Ever since he got his powers, he'd never ran at normal speed again.

"What is it, princess?" He put his mug on the coffee table and watched her from the couch. Her orange hair was messy and all over her face, while her blue eyes glowed pink, just like they did whenever she got excited, scared or angry.

Wally went for the excited this time.

"Look what we found!" She gestured to where the door was, and the man could see his son carrying a box made of cardboard as he wore an annoyed expression on his face.

Sometimes, Jai looked way too much like his mother. He had brown hair - the original color of Jinx's hair- and green eyes - the real color of Jinx's -, and he had her temper, even tho he was a sweet, charming, funny flirty boy just like his dad. He was a speedster, too.

On the other hand, Irey was the exact copy of her father. He had his looks -red hair and green eyes- and his charm, even tho she was a little shy. In terms of super powers she was one of a kind. She had Wally's super speed and Jinx's 'bad luck', as she put it.

Irey could handle her powers perfectly tho, and Jinx got more and more confused about it everyday. It took her years to control her own, after all.

The woman appeared on the doorway when she heard her son complain about how heavy the box was "What's that?" She asked her kids.

"This" Irey took the box from her brother's arms, who dramatically dropped his arms and sighed "Is a cute little kitty!"

She opened the box to reveal, indeed, a little white cat, which was calmly licking its paws "We found it on the street" Irey informed her parents "Well, technically, Lian did. But she doesn't like cats" she pouted and looked down at the animal in her arms.

Wally smirked as he looked at his daughter, who was petting the cat. He knew she was going to ask them if she could keep it. He just knew, because he would've done the same.

And although he wasn't sure it was a good idea, he had no idea how to say no. His little angel had him wrapped around her finger.

"Can we keep it, please?" She looked at her mom and then at her dad, with big, green, puppy dog eyes. Jai rolled his eyes.

"I don't like cats" he said.

"Neither do I, honey" Jinx said, and put her hand on her daughter's shoulder "Maybe we can find the kitty a home, huh?"

Irey shook her head "I want it, mommy"

Wally's heart shattered to pieces. Jinx suspected this, and glared at him. Her husband put his hands in the air in defense, but smirked at how well Jinx knew it. He stood from the couch and kneeled in front of his 5-year-old daughter.

"As much as you want this kitty, I think it will be better if we just gave it to someone else" Wally rubbed his child's back "What about Uncle Barry and Aunty Iris, huh? Maybe they'll want to adopt it, so you can visit it whenever you want"

The idea seemed satisfying to Irey. She looked down at the kitty and then at his father's equally green eyes "Promise me I can visit, daddy?"

Wally, fearing his daughter will start crying, kissed the top of her head and lifted her up by her armpits while she was still holding the box with the cat. She giggled.

Jai clinched to his father's leg as he walked and Jinx smirked from the hall.

She knew everything would work out, and as she looked at her now husband and two kids, playing and laughing on the corridor, she realized she hadn't been wrong.

________________

As you might have noticed, these one shots follow a story. Some of them are about the future and some are about the past, but it follows a story line. Since I've never finished any of my stories (😓), I thought this way would motivate me enough to actually write more chapters. And it does!

Send me requests if you have any, since the "chapters" arent posted in any particularly order.