Proud

Sooo, this is hella short (I apologize in advance), but there's not much more I can say about it.

This chapter will affect plots in the future.

Enjoy <3

_____________

Irey had never been a selfish child. She'd always shared her food with her brother when he was still hungry. She'd let Lian keep some of her tee-shirts the archer seemed to love so much. She'd lost on purpose when the team leader was pushing hard someone weaker than her.

But when that moment arrived, not even her parents could believe how kind-hearted their little girl was.

Jai had been poisoned by no other than Poison Ivy in one of her constant attacks to the Justice League.

They hadn't meant Jai to be in that fight -no 9-year-old should be involved in any action activity at all, except for Damian Wayne, that's it-. Wally blamed himself for weeks. Months even.

Jinx had to work as a psychologist/nurse/mom to everyone in her family at least for a month.

Jai had been badly injured. He's almost lost his right leg and he couldn't move for a few days. Due to the poisoning on his system, the 9-year-old boy could no longer move as fast as a speedster. Which meant, indeed, that he had lost his powers.

Wally almost fell into a depression. If it wasn't for his wife, god knows how fucked up his mind would be by now.

It was difficult to tell Jai that he was no longer a speedster. The kid admired his Uncle and Dad so much, he wanted to become the next Flash someday. Iris watched as his brother's dreams crashed in front of his eyes.

And being the kind-hearted, lovable child she was, she decided to do what was best for everyone.

She walked up to her mom one day and said, looking straight at her pink eyes "I want to give Jai my speedster powers"

Jinx's mind went blank for a minute. She didn't even know if that was possible.

"That's so sweet of you, dear" she touched her daughter's red hair and smiled sadly at her kindness "But we'll find something to do with your brother's problem"

But Irey wasn't determinate to give up so easily. After insisting to her parents and even Uncle Barry so many times, she decided to go for Uncle Cyborg. He'd help her better than anyone in this case, anyway.

"Why would you want to do this, Irey?" She noticed that he wore the same tired expression than his father, after insisting so many times.

"Because," she fixed her pigtails "I was born with my mom's and my dad's powers, and it's not fair that I have all that power and Jai has none"

The girl had a point. She knew she was blessed -not many kids were born with both their parents' superpowers- .

"Plus", the redhead smirked "I like hexing more than running, anyway"

Cyborg eventually talked to Wally and Jinx about it.

"But...," Jinx was holding her husband's hand for support "Can you actually do that? Transfer super-speed from Irey to Jai?"

Victor shrugged and smiled "What can I say" he said "There's not much I cannot do nowadays"

Wally smirked and squeezed Jinx's hand. She looked at him, eyes silently agreeing.

One week later, Cyborg was about to perform surgery on both Iris' and Jai's legs to remove the speedster genes from the girl, and to the boy. As he had told their parents, it wasn't risky at all, and they'd be out and about in a week.

"I didn't know that was possible" Bruce spoke in his usual voice, as he waited as well for the twins to end the surgery.

"Yeah" Wally, both tired and worried, ran a hand through his hair and watched as father and son -Damian was there too-, couldn't keep his eyes off the door that lead to his children "Science keeps surprising me"

"I wasn't talking about that" Bruce said. Jinx snapped her head to look at the Dark Knight "It's pretty brave if you ask me, what your daughter is doing for her brother"

"Yeah" Damian agreed, and smirked "I wouldn't do the same"

Wally was shocked. It was the first time Bruce had complimented any of his children. Then again, he rarely complimented his own, so he felt fully proud.

Irey and Jai were out of surgery an hour later. According to Cyborg, everything had gone well, but both kids should rest for at least a week.

"And, another thing" He called Jinx and Wally outside the room while Lian shared hugs with her beloved friends and Damian stood beside Iris's bed, rolling his eyes.

"Irey has to come to me at least once a year to be put an injection, or else she might lose the ability to walk" he said, in a low voice. Wally put a hand on Jinx's back for comfort "It's no big deal, really" he shrugged.

"What about Jai?" Wally asked, seeing that his wife was getting slightly paler than she already was.

"He'll be able to have his powers back by next week" Cyborg said "No injections"

Wally looked at his daughter, who was chatting lively with Lian, and giggling. He didn't understand how a 9-year-old could have such a willpower and sacrifice half of her powers for her brother.

Once thing was for sure tho. He was one hell of a proud dad.