Admirable

Happy Women's Day, everybody! :D

So, as this special day has come, I decided to write a oneshot about it. Tell me what you think in the comments.

Enjoy <3

______

Every waking morning Wally would be the first one to wake up. Although he didn't need to sleep for many hours, he still enjoyed to relax in bed while Jinx slept. She'd always turn in her sleep and sometimes she even purred. He found it adorable.

Jinx's way of sleeping had changed. The first times she had slept on his bed with him, her dreams were haunted with nightmares and she'd always get up in the middle of the night to get some air or some water. It worried him that her past was still scaring her. Maybe 'scared' wasn't the adjective to describe her. Maybe she just didn't want to go back.

Now he cuddled with her. His long arms allowed him to scoop her whole body and give her some warmth. He knew -she had told him- that she had never felt loved, she was independent. She still is.

Countless times she had told him that she didn't change sides because of him. Not that he didn't know.

"I changed for myself" she always told him "I couldn't live like that any longer"

She made him proud. He would've never imagined he'd end up with someone who didn't always fall for his charms, who was stronger that himself. He liked that.

Jinx was always the one who kept her cool out of the two. He'd always lose it, while she just hung in there, fighting mentally and physically whatever it was causing her pain. He admired her.

His childhood hadn't been perfect. His dad was abusive and he didn't get as much love as he would've liked. But he knew hers had been worse. Yet she was the strong one, the admirable one.

He didn't know how someone who had gone through so much pain and loss in her life could be such a fighter. Not only did she take care of him, but she took good care of others too. She knew how to talk to people, how to do the right thing without hurting anybody.

And she was beautiful. She always said she was a weirdo, not everybody has natural pink hair and glowing eyes. Add an almost gray skin to that. Totally a circus freak.

But Wally never saw her like that. There was something about her personality that attracted him, made him crazy. But her looks made him blind, made him a slave of hers. He was completely at her mercy.

You could say he loved everything about her. Everyone could see that, really. It was almost disgusting, how much he loved her.

"Happy Women's Day" he surprised her with breakfast in bed -not the first time-, and she scratched her eyes, smiling tiredly at him.

He kissed her forehead as she took a bite of the croissant "Thank you" she smiled, playing with his hair with her free hand "I hope you know that this day is like the others, tho"

Wally laughed "I promise I won't get cheesy today" he said, grabbing her hand and kissing it "You know I'll always tell you how beautiful, strong, admirable, hilarious, sexy you are" he smiled "And I'm really proud of you"

"You just broke the promise" she laughed "But thank you, Wally"

He pecked her lips "Always"