Stubborn Prince X Warrior Noble Reader

A young male sat eagerly in his carriage, accompanied by numerous servants who rode beside or behind him on horseback. He hummed as he held a long box in his arms, his cheeks a determined shade of pink. The boy seemed to be deep in thought about something or other, murmuring to himself or shaking his head. The man responsible for the boy's safety stared at him with the greatest of concern, furrowing his eyebrows and then sighing deeply.

"Your highness, I would not be so rash as to assume things will go your way. You know of the lady's refusal of your advances."

"Don't be foolish!" the young boy huffed, his cheeks flaring up more at the truth of the matter, "Lady Paquel is simply a lady of refinery! She must act in a reserved manner as to preserve the dignity of her family name! Accepting an engagement so quickly would bring disgrace to her honorable lineage!"

"I'm sure that may be true of many young ladies out there, including the young miss, though I'm not sure this is a case of such a thing."

The young boy scrunched his nose in disagreement, giving a humph and staring out of the window. He could see the noble estate in the near distance, his arrival appearing to take no more than an hour's time. Still, it unnerved him. The time was both too quick and far too slow. He wasn't at all prepared to speak to the young lady he intended to marry nor was he patient enough to wait.

The male sighed as her face came into his mind. She was not at all what he expected when he first met her. Though from a military family renowned for its brilliant strategists and warriors, he had thought their last born would be reserved and well-mannered. Perhaps she was, but not in a manner that would allow her to be in the same categories as other young ladies her age. She was mature and composed, cool and calm; useful things to a prince and his kingdom.

The boy had been searching for a wife for half a year before he had decided on her. The goal was to find a match that would assist in making his family more diverse. His mother was talented at peace talks and keeping the nobles under wrap while his father was incredibly efficient at monetary issues. He, himself, was young, but he found that his contribution to his kingdom was his charm. The boy was capable of speaking maturely and his intellect allowed him to bolster the royal family's reputation domestically and afar.

As he saw it, he needed a partner that had none of these attributes, but something else that would secure the kingdom in times of crises. With many hours put into the research of their state compared to those surrounding them, it was clear that while they were the wealthiest and most reputable, they were lacking in military prowess. That was exactly the reason he had sought out the daughters of commanders, royal knights, anyone that was talented and knowledgeable in that field.

It wasn't long before he stumbled upon the (h/c) haired girl. She was from a separate kingdom than his own, likely the reason her existence alluded him for so long. He sighed at the thought. If only she lived in his kingdom. Then they probably would have known one another since they were born. He would have truly enjoyed that.

That being said, he was not going to mope that he wasn't lucky enough to know her for longer. The male was determined to know her for as long as possible to make up for it, not that any finite amount of time with her would satisfy him completely. As they rode up to the noble manor, the guards surrounding the carriage began to have their horses trot out, parading and holding up the banners of the royal family.

The estate's gates opened and gaping servants began to bow, providing a warm welcome to the young royal. It was then that the male saw the noble military family of Paquel standing proudly in front of the doors. The head of the family was the girl's father, the man wearing his countless badges of honor with a sash draped across his shoulder. There was her mother by his side, the woman wearing a sword at her hip.