M. Cannibal x F. Reader

Human beings are such fine pieces of meat. No, really, it's true. Their smooth and well-tended-to skin is constantly being prepped and kept perfectly tender. From those that worked out constantly to those that were sheer fat, a fine balance must have been met in order to have different grades of meat. They could be ranked the same as any other type of flesh. Cows, chickens, pigs, even ducks, they were all the same. Some taste better, some have more nutritious value, and others have more fat. Everyone has their preferences.

It just so helped that a certain male found human beings had the best flavor. When cooked to a certain extent, seasoned, and placed in a satisfying meal, it was far more preferable to other kinds of food. The only problem was finding ways that he could acquire the delicacy. There were certain markets he frequented, but it was so expensive. He could hardly afford one slab every one month. So, what else was he to do other than to hunt others himself? It was a way to select the type of grade he wanted, and he had much more of a supply than otherwise.

Perhaps it was the reason why others in the business of selling human flesh to others took an interest in him. He happened to be a decent hunter, that much was true. In fact, he was shockingly efficient in what he did. It wasn't a shock that he was offered a job to find perfect specimens to sell on hidden markets. The pay was decent, and there was always the bonus of having the first pick of meat.

The copper-haired male meandered along down the hallways with a skip in his step. He'd managed to get a good find the other day and was praised for it. The male had managed to trap another, a lean but firm-built young man he had stranded in the forest. At the same time, he had chased him down. It was one of the first times that he had the fear of losing one of his prey, but in a way, it was a thrill. A good change-up from his normal life. In the end, the victory was sweeter.

He was only in the warehouse to collect his paycheck. His shabby apartment was in need of a few upgrades, after all. It would have been nice to have something nice to reward himself for a month's perfect work at the same time. Maybe he would have enjoyed a nice movie while he had dinner. As the male thought about it, he was in the mood for some fresh flesh. As he was already there, he may as well have picked up some for his relaxing night.

"Takai~!" a screechy voice called.

A young boy around the age of ten or so rushed through the halls to tackle the much bigger copper-haired male with an adoring hug. His large amount of energy contrasted with his superior's lack of it, one having an expression of delight while the other was as tired as possible, yawning at the contact. It wasn't as if physical touch was something he enjoyed. Rather, he despised it in most ways, but the kid was somewhat of a promising mentee of his.

"I'm so glad you're back!" he giggled, rubbing his cheek against the older male, "You know, I wanted to show you how much better I've gotten at the knots! A-And I want you to teach me how to use the butchering machine!"

"Another day," Takai sighed, rubbing the back of his head before continuing to walk through the corridors, "I just wanna get home already."

"Can I do your chores?! I won't talk, I promise! I'll be as quiet as a ninja and as fast as a cheetah! Please, please, please!"

The older male had figured it was pointless to deny the child's requests. He was a bit of a nuisance on a good day, but when he was already exhausted, he was a downright fly. Swarming around him like a vulture on a carcass, the younger boy continued to follow after the male with a skip in his step. Even if he didn't speak with him or acknowledge his presence, it seemed he idolized him nonetheless, his dull little eyes sparkling bright.

By the time the copper-haired male had passed by the office to pick up his paycheck, he heard his stomach growling. With irritation, he watched as the younger boy made a fuss about it, pulling him along to pick out some meat. It seemed he was far too excited about finding a living person to cut up and devour. That being said, it wasn't as if Takai was against the idea of it. He was practically excited by the prospect of the horrors in the warehouse.