P.Y Prince x F. Princess x Prince (Part 2)

The (h/c) haired girl sat as still as a rabbit in the much smaller princely palace she'd been brought to. With a stiff posture and a tense expression, she did not move, her eyes wide as though she expected the book across from her would eat her. To be certain, he was somewhat intimidating despite his small size. However, to her, who was tiny and frail from starvation, he was like a wolf waiting to strike a limping bunny. His piercing eyes also bored into her skull, further encouraging her notion of him as frightening.

That being said, contrary to her expectations, he simply was staring at her in both curiosity and irritation. When his older brother had burst into his palace unannounced, toting around the small girl, he was unable to refuse. After all, his brother held a grand standing, someone to be respected and listened to. The smaller ravenette held a similar viewpoint others did towards him, but it didn't mean that he was elated to do everything and anything his brother wanted him to do. He wasn't a hundred-percent sensible, after all, and of all things, he burdened him with a tiny girl who wanted nothing to do with him, or anyone else for that matter.

Zhan wasn't a fool. He obviously recognized the (h/c) haired princess that his father had so adored. She was the daughter of his father's savior, so he held an obligation to show her proper respect. He was only confused on how to perform such a feat when she wouldn't even blink in front of him. The male watched as she struggled to keep her eyes open lest he strike when they closed. They quivered as they dried out and a small tear fell until, eventually, she could no longer hold them open. As such, they quickly shut together before she opened them wide once more, repeating the process yet again.

Not expecting such a childish reaction to something as natural as blinking, the boy couldn't help but let out a chuckling scoff. The girl stiffened once more at his reaction, and he swore he could hear a bit of a whimper from her. Of course, he hadn't heard much about her as much as her mother. Yet, from the way the emperor had described the sorceress, he had expected her daughter to be just like her. It couldn't be further from the truth (unless his father was suffering from dementia).

Nonetheless, he kept a close watch on her, even especially moving his lessons to his own princely palace. The girl continued to stay remarkably still during the process. Through his etiquette, strategy, and calligraphy classes, she moved not an inch. Despite that, he somehow believed she would find the courage to perhaps speak to him. He figured she wanted to know what happened to his older brother. She formed an immaculate bond with him, after all, but he just left in the middle of the night, leaving her in a stranger's abode. The boy sighed. Then the sound of a small peep drew his eye.

The ravenette's blue eyes laid on her form. For the first time, she noticeably moved, her arms around her stomach as she blushed with great shame. He waited for a bit before she peeped again. Lifting an eyebrow, he then realized the reason behind her response. She was hungry. Zhan chuckled, holding his sleeve in front of his mouth to try and stifle the noise. Why she hadn't told him she wanted food, he didn't know, but it was only right to provide her a warm meal. It was winter, wasn't it? Summoning his head maid, the boy took that into careful consideration.

"Prepare some sweet tea, vegetable hot pot, and...a warm dessert. I'll leave it up to the kitchen to decide, but let them know it's for the princess."

The woman bowed low before backing away, respectfully facing towards the boy. He then attempted to smile at the girl, but in practice, it was more like a threatening grin. It wasn't an expression he liked to make in public. Remaining impartial was a better look for the imperial family. Then again, it was probably the reason why the (h/c) haired girl looked at him with teary eyes. When she did that, he regressed, apologetically darting his eyes the other way. He wouldn't want to make her feel trapped. Both his father and older brother would have given him an earful. The boy huffed, resting his chin on his hand.