M. Fiance x F. Lady (Part 2)

Duran was in a foul mood. At first, he had locked himself and his fiancee in his room, refusing any and all servants unless they were bringing food, drink, or whatever the smaller girl wanted. There was talk that he planned to stay that way for months on end, servants expressing great confusion. However, after a handful of days, he kicked the door down and growled his way to the front gate with his wifey in his arms.

He hugged her tightly - almost too tightly, he soon discovered - and the younger girl tapped him quickly to let him know. He gave a quick glance of worry before nuzzling her in apology. It wasn't easy to control his strength, especially for someone so much more fragile than he was. Still, he was better than he was the first time he tried to hug her. She had to be looked at by a physician after that.

"Don't you dare go outside the house," he growled, narrowing his eyes, "Stay inside, stay out of trouble."

Translation: Stay nice and safe for me, okay? I won't be able to focus if you're in danger, so wait for me.

"Of course. I'll be good. I promise."

"Remember what I always tell you. If my wife takes interest in a man weaker than me, I will kill him."

Translation: Don't go looking for someone else while I'm away. It won't end well.

Blushing, the (h/c) haired girl debated over something or other, leading her fiance to grimace. He must have believed that she was interested in another since she didn't respond to him. As she made up her mind, tugging on his shirt, he leaned down to hear what she had to say. The male then jumped as she kissed him, taking advantage of his proximity to her. Pleased, he pecked her once more on the forehead before joining his warriors on the frontlines in the southeast. It was clear he was far from happy about leaving her so soon.

As he went out of her sight, (Y/n) gave a sigh, feeling lonely once more. If only they could have had a few more days together. She did realize how necessary he was, his skill being highly desired both within the country and out. Still, he was someone that gave her unconditional love; something she wanted more than anything else. As such, she had to find some other way to occupy her time.

For the first few days, she had wandered around outside, checking on the plants that grew there. However, it got boring really quickly, so she moved on to baking - an avid hobby of hers. Sugar might have been a bit of a rarity, but because the warrior family was compensated well, there was no shortage of it in the estate. In fact, she was all but encouraged to use as much as she could. Everyone knew how much Duran liked eating her sweets, and a happy Duran was a non-murderous Duran. Still, without him in the area, she felt quite lonely. He usually was never long, always finishing his business in a timely manner. She hoped he would return sooner than that though.

One day, she found herself gawking at all the things she had made. Obviously, she couldn't eat everything herself, and though she had spent the whole day trying to give them away, it was harder than it ought to have been. Sighing, she suddenly fell out of her chair when a soldier had come up to her. With a serious expression, he pressed his fist to his chest to greet her before elaborating on his presence.

"The master has called for you. Make your way to his office as soon as possible."

"Yes? Yes!"

Panicking, the (h/c) haired girl stood up quickly and straightened out her dress. As she followed close behind the soldier, her thoughts began to run a million miles an hour. In truth, though she was practically inseparable from Duran, his father was another matter altogether. He was fairly elusive, especially since he liked the battlefield even more than his son. In the year she had been there, she had perhaps seen him about three times, all of them in passing. So, obviously, her nerves were set ablaze.