P.Y. M. Yakuza Bartender x F. Toddler (P1)

Once someone was in the yakuza, they were in the yakuza. There was no escaping from that. Seo knew that very well. He lived it. Every single day of his life was hell, tugged around here or there just because he was in debt to them. And for what? He worked at their bars, watching idiotic whores - of all genders, certainly not just the women - get drunk off their asses while they raked up more and more of a tab. All the while Sei had to watch that, knowing that every single day he labored, he only owed more and more money. Even when he died, his body would belong to them.

Sei lived every day pathetically. He had to eat the cheapest food he could find - usually riddled with diseases - and the only water he ever got to drink was at the bar. He worked twelve hours every single day with no breaks, no lunch, and no breakfast, only to return to the dump he lived in. His hair turned white from the constant stress, his honey-colored eyes long since having turned hollow. The man had no lover, no children, and certainly no purpose in his life. He wondered if dying would be better.

Yet, the man never did go through with offing himself. Maybe he was holding out some ridiculous hope that he might be free by some miracle. His eyes continued to scan the bar for troublemakers, quick to avoid noticing when other members of the group came in to beat up a customer. Usually, it was because they didn't pay up. However, he knew full well it could have been for just about any reason, really. They didn't have to explain themselves. They were the yakuza. Sei was not even a lowly grunt.

Most of his job as a bartender was to serve drinks and keep customers from thinking about a better life. He was to fill them up with poison in hopes of keeping them addicted, but he never had to try too hard. Most of the people that entered the bar did so knowing full well it was owned by the yakuza. So, to put it bluntly, they were garbage human beings, ones with as pathetic of an existence as him.

Another part of his job was to keep an eye on the troublemakers and report back to the rest of the group. One particular man Sei had been keeping an eye on was a man whose wife had just up and died on him. He watched as the man came in angry, complaining about his bitch of a wife. Then, he watched as the man came in even angrier, announcing she died but not without stranding him with his stupid kid. And, one day, he watched the man come in with a grin on his face.

Sei thought it was odd. He wondered what ended up happening to the kid, but, to his shock, the man sat the toddler down on a barstool and went off to drink himself into a stupor. The white-haired man stared at the kid. She shouldn't have been in a place like that. She was barely five years old, and, yet, she seemed fully aware of what was happening, taking care to stay quiet and in place. What the hell was that idiot's problem, bringing a kid there?

Sei got angrier and angrier the more he thought about it, practically itching to go and beat up the man. But he knew he couldn't. That wasn't his job. And though that may have been his reasoning, it also wasn't his job to watch after the little girl, yet, he did. He scared off any creeps that came approaching her, holding up a gun to ward them off effectively, but found it difficult to talk to the small thing. She ended up coming in every other day with her dad, continuing to sit in the same seat and being quiet for up to six hours while her father outright ignored her existence. Sometimes, he almost forgot her. Sei was the one that reminded him to take her back.

It continued like that for a while, the man looking out for the small thing. She only ever ended up murmuring a tiny thanks to him. Otherwise, she was mute, staring at one place on the counter and nowhere else. Sei's heart began to hurt when he looked at her, but what was he supposed to do? He was already scary-looking and he'd pulled out a gun in front of her. The man couldn't bring himself to speak with her, terrified of corrupting her somehow. But, one day, she made the first connection, her tiny voice speaking up.