We're Breaking Up - (AU)

———

I'm sorry for not updating in over a month! It's hard to find motivation to write with so much school, and all of the motivation I have to write is going into other things. I'm also going really slowly, which I apologise for!

This is short but I figured it was about time I released something. I'll slowly work on more oneshots as well, so we'll see about updating more, but no promises.

No more plot twists! First it was the monopoly, second it was the hallucinations, third time the charm to actually make an angsty oneshot lol

———

Y/N walked with their beautiful girlfriend, Mikasa Ackermann, they both slowly walked through the theme park - of which newly reopened as the first theme park opening in over a year, as COVID regulations were still in place.

Both of their hands conjoined, until the ravenette suddenly stops. The sound around them booms, with chatter from visitors to screams and joys from the roller coasters and other rides.

"Y/N?" She turns towards them, her grey, voidable eyes tracing every feature of Y/N's delicate face. Mikasa let's go of Y/N's hands.

"Yes Mika?" Y/N looks at her beautiful face with curious, waiting eyes.

"We're breaking up."

Her muffled voice comes through her pokey dotted face mask, her eyes held a content look, and her brows were tilted just slightly up as if to further support a content look.

Y/N's heart spikes before dropping, a sharp arrow piercing through and shattering it into a million tiny pieces.

Their eyes suddenly become dim, empty of the light shining through them moments ago.

Their blood runs cold, their mouth agape, their movements stiff, as they heard the words they never dreamed of hearing.

"A- Are......" Y/N gulps, their breathing becomes slightly heavier as their heart accelerates to a million beats a minute.

"Ar- Are you s- sur-e?" Y/N finishes their first thought, they had so much hope that this was just a prank, or a misunderstanding or something. They would never ever dream of splitting with the love of their life.

After all, they had so much between them.

The late night cuddles, how she'd hold them when watching a horror, how she'd shower them with kisses when they watched a romantic, how she'd act really cute when they were alone, but shy when they were in public. How she'd surprise them with their favourite food after a long day of work. How she'd pick the best date places.

They'd miss it all.

"Yeah, I'm sure, let's break up." She confirms. Y/an's heart drops once again as their hope is suddenly slashed in half.

Their eyes dip low, and hold a empty look, their posture belittles slightly, as their voice speaks quietly, "Ok- Okay......" Their gaze averts from the ravenette.

"Hmm? You're not scared of rollercoasters aren't you?" Mikasa's muffled voice comes through the face covering, she tilts her head, now one of her brows raised.

"H- Huh?" Y/N's eyes dart back to hers, they were confused with why the sudden question.

"You are aren't you? *Chuckles* Come on, it won't be that bad." Mikasa walks over and grabs Y/N's arm.

"W- What are you doing?" Y/N asks with a very confused expression.

"Hmm? Taking you on a rollercoaster, why? Is anything wrong?" Her brows furrow.

"O- Oh, b- but didn't you just say-"

"I said we're queuing up, for the rollercoaster?" She pulls down her face mask and says clearly, also while pointing directly behind Y/N, she looks at them, searching for confirmation.

Y/N looks over their shoulder, and their eyes widen when they see a big attraction for an Attack on Titan roller coaster behind them, big stationary Titans with fixed hands looking to grab their food. A big picture of Levi Ackermann on the ride entrance. Attracting all the fan girls.

Y/N's heart takes a sharp turn, screaming inside, it's beats pumping with heavy palpitations.

Y/N realises, and they feel a colossal wave of relief sweep over them, they release a heavy breath, "Y- Yeah, okay, let's queue up." They nod.

Mikasa smiles, "Let's go." Her hand intertwines with theirs, and they make their way to the ride, all the while Y/N was cursing themselves with hate.

I'm a fucking idiot......

———

Hehe

———