Future Dreams - (AU)

———

Reader POV

———

     I had a dream, when I was fourteen. 

     It was about me and Mikasa, my childhood friend. Confessing our undying love to each other, under the unusual circumstances of a school play, our cheeks red as she presented the rose to me, as the hero saved the princess.

     I had a dream, when I was sixteen.

     It was about me and Mikasa, sharing our first kiss under the picturesque, dawning sky, while the violet's and lilacs swayed gently with the wind, blossoming just as our love blossomed.

     I had a dream, when I was twenty three.

     It was about me and Mikasa, and our wedding, her beautiful white dress, sitting softly on her skin as soft as petals, and shined like a daisy garden, on the day where we exchanged our love and vows, and became connected forevermore, the happiest day of our lives.

     I had a dream, when I was twenty four.

     It was about me and Mikasa, and we picked the beautiful lilies which laid outside our first house, the lilies smiled at the sun's beams, just as we smiled at each other- our brightest star.

     ......So far, all of these dreams have come true, and they all came true within a week of me having them......

     "Are you ready for bed dear?" Mikasa asks me sweetly, I look to the side to see her sitting on the bed, in her pink pyjamas, so soft for a cold girl like her.

     "Yeah, I'm coming." I smile as I place my pen down, and sit up from my chair, abandoning my work, and walking over to Mikasa on the bed.

     We both lay down, and she wraps the covers over us, and Mikasa immediately clutches me, closing her eyes, "I love you Y/N." She mumbles tiredly.

     "I love you too Mika," I plant a soft kiss on her forehead, "Goodnight."

     "Goodnight Y/N." She rests her head against mine, her body nuzzled up against mine, not letting any warmth escape.

     With tiredness seeping in, I let close my eyes, and lose to a deep slumber......

     That night, I had a dream, when I was twenty six.

     It was about me, and I stood in front of a delicate headstone, hanging above a precious grave, I placed a banquet of flowers down, and tears rolled down my cheeks just like the rain rolled over the petals of the banquet of flowers in which we collected together over the years, drowning them in sadness as I was too drowning in darkness, without the presence of our brightest sun and star to bring us light.

     I awake in the dark, my skin covered in a thick layer of cold sweat.

     I look to my side, unsure what I would find......

     Only to see Mikasa peacefully sleeping by my side......

———

This is probably bad and maybe a little confusing oop-

Sorry for not updating in awhile! And I'm sorry that this is short!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!!

———