Chapter Eighteen

4 days. 

That's how long left before Dream murders Tommy. That's how long left I have to try and convince Dream to spare his life. 

I sat up and, as usual, Dream was gone from the bed and, as usual, the door opened and he walked in. I gave him a small smile as he walked in. 

"Morning." I said, casually. He took his mask off and gave me a weird look. 

"What's up with you?" He asked suspiciously.

"Jeez, calm down I was just trying to be nice." I rolled my eyes. "And I want out of this room." 

Dream shook his head. "No can do."

I slumped my shoulders. "Why?" I whined. 

"Because you'll just escape again." He said simply. 

"I won't, I promise. You can have Sapnap or George to chaperone me or lock all the doors and windows, I swear I'll be good."

He thought about it for a moment. "Fine. But on one condition."

"What is it?" 

"You have to help around the house. Make yourself useful." 

I nodded eagerly. "Agreed."

"And you have to complete your tasks without complaining or giving any of us grief."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." 

"Then it's settled. You can go and help George gather more wood."

I groaned. "Why can't I go with you or Sapnap?" 

"Me and Sapnap have more important things to do."

"Like what?" 

"Keep asking questions, you'll stay in here" He put his mask back on and walked towards the open door, gesturing towards it. "Ladies first." 

I jumped up and walked to the door, stopping to do a little curtsey. "Who knew you could be such a gentleman?"

Dream laughed. "Just go downstairs Y/n." 

He led me down the hallway and down a flight of stairs, into the living room. Sapnap and George were sitting on the sofa, eating some cake. They immediately stopped talking when I walked into the room. I grinned at them. 

"Why is she here?" George asked as I slumped onto the sofa, planting myself in between them. 

"She's gonna be helping around the house." Dream explained. "Starting with helping George gather wood."

"What? Why me?" George whined. I rolled my eyes. 

"Why would you be complaining? If I were you, I would be delighted to spend the day with me." 

George glared at me. "Narcissistic much?" 

Dream interrupted our conversation. "She's going with you because me and Sapnap will be patrolling and I don't trust her anywhere near L'manburg. I also don't trust her to roam this house unaccompanied, so therefore she will go with you."

"Wow, you don't trust me? I thought we were buddies Dream!" I feigned a look of hurt and next to me I heard Sapnap stifle a laugh. Dream ignored me. 

"Alright, Sapnap, come on." Sapnap groaned as he got up and ran after Dream. George stood up too. 

"Come on then. We better get to work." 

"Can I at least have something to eat?" 

George sighed and exited the room, returning with a slice of cake. I took it gratefully. George left the room, telling me to meet him in the backyard when I was finished. It took me a while to find the backyard, seeing as I wasn't used to the layout of the house. Around 10 minutes later, I found myself back in the living room again for the fourth time and I groaned in frustration. Does this house go in a fucking circle?