Chapter Fifty Four

"Niki!" 

"Y/n!" 

We ran up to each other and pulled each other into a bone-crushing hug. We pulled away. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. Niki smiled and I saw how tired she looked. She nodded. 

"Are you?" She asked, sounding genuinely concerned. I smiled back at her. 

"I'm better now." I answered. I looked around and only saw Dream standing behind me. "Where's Wilbur?" I asked, casually. 

"He went off for a stroll or something. He's not here right now." Niki said. She made a face. "That's why I'm on lookout instead of him." I felt a little more relieved, knowing that I could put off seeing Wilbur for a little longer. I stepped away from Niki and patted her on the arm gently. 

"Have fun." I said. "Lookout duty sucks." 

***************************************

"You have to block my attack with your shield."

"I am!"

"You're not." 

Tommy threw his sword and shield down on the floor. "You're being all obnoxious Techno. Oh look, I'm Technoblade and I'm the best at PvP so everyone should just listen to me!" He spoke in a higher pitch, imitating Technoblade. I looked over to Dream and saw from his posture that he was amused. I couldn't help but smile myself. 

Techno, however, looked unbothered. "At least I wasn't adopted." 

"Oh you motherfucking-" He picked up his weapons again and charged at Techno, who blocked them easily, even without his shield. 

"That's right, let it all out." He said. I laughed and turned back to Dream, sword raised. 

The four of us were training in a big room that had been made during my absence. Dream was training me whilst Techno tried his best to teach Tommy. 

I looked at Dream, waiting for him to make the first move, but he kept me waiting. So, I struck first. I swung the sword at his side, but he blocked it with his shield, sending me stumbling backwards from the unexpected force. Dream saw this and used it to his advantage and grabbed my arm that was holding the sword as I was momentarily unprotected and pulled me in so that my body was pressed against his. Both his hands held my wrist, making it so that I was pointing my own sword at my chest. We were both breathing heavily. 

"With a little more force," He murmured in my ear "that would be going through your heart." 

We stayed like that for a few more seconds, before I realized that we had an audience. I quickly pulled away as Tommy stared at us. He turned to Techno.

"Teach me how to do that!" He demanded. Techno sighed. 

"Which part? The part where you screw up? Because you're doing that all on your own." 

As Tommy shouted at Techno, Dream turned to me. 

"I have to go now." He said. "I'll see you tomorrow, ok?" I nodded as he pulled me into a hug and then walked out. I stared after him. 

"Y/n" Techno called from the other side of the room. I looked over and saw Tommy sitting on the floor sulking. "Come over here and show Tommy how to put up a decent fight." 

I stayed where I was. "I think I'm gonna go find Niki now." I hadn't forgotten about our conversation from before, where I had stormed out on him. 

"Just come here, please. I need at least some form of entertainment."

I sighed, before walking over. Techno smiled triumphally and handed me Tommy's sword, which I accepted reluctantly. I knew that this wasn't a fair fight since he was the one that taught me everything that I knew and he knew all of my moves. But, none the less, I stood opposite him because I knew how good I would feel if I beat him. But beating him in a straight fight would be basically impossible. He challenged me to a duel because he knew that he would win because he had more skill and strength than me. Which is why this wasn't going to be a straight fight because he didn't state any rules so there were none to follow. Although I think I was the only one that noticed that, making it an advantage.