Chapter Seventeen

I spent the rest of the day finally stitching up Eret's jacket, seeing as I kind of forgot about it for the past day. I gently placed the velvet bag containing the flower crown on the bedside table and got out the thread and needle that Eret gave me. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't supposed to have a needle in my possession, but it's not like I'm actually going to use it to escape or anything. I had more important things to be doing right now. Well, not right now. Right now I'm sewing up the hole in Eret's jacket because I had put it off long enough and he would probably be here to collect it today. And I was right. 

He knocked on the door and walked in after I told him it was ok for him to. He smiled slightly at me and his smile turned into a genuine one when I smiled back. I think he was scared that I was going to shout at him or say something about him being a traitor, but I'm tired of fighting with him. 

"Hi." He said, breaking the silence that I barely acknowledged over my own thoughts. 

"Hey." I said back. 

"Um, I was just wondering if you had finished stitching up my jacket, I kind of need it back. I don't really have any other jackets." 

I raised my eyebrow. "Not even your L'manburg jacket?" 

He looked at his feet awkwardly. "I didn't want Wilbur or someone to see me walking around in the L'manburg uniform, not after..." He trailed off, his face wearing a sad expression, clearly not going to finish his sentence. And he didn't need to. I understood. 

"Here." I walked- well, hobbled- over to the chair where the coat was draped over the back of it. He smiled at me as I handed it to him. He put the jacket on and thanked me before turning to walk out of the room. Before he left, I remembered something. 

"Oh, Eret, wait!" I called out to him. He turned around, looking at me confused. I walked over to the bedside table and picked up the velvet bag carefully before handing it to him. His eyes widened slightly in surprise and he looked at me. I stared right back at him, our eyes having a whole conversation by themselves. He knew that I opened it and he knew that I saw what was inside. He knew that I understood. I looked at the way his fingers ran delicately over the soft fabric of the back and I could tell that it meant a lot to him. My mind wandered back to what Dream said. I looked up at Eret. 

"Hey, Eret?" I said softly. 

"Mmm?" He answered, looking back at me.

"Be honest with me," I said. "Did you feel as if you were the odd one out back in L'manburg?"

"What do you mean?"

"Me, Tommy and Tubbo were clearly best friends, Wilbur and Fundy were close with each other, obviously, but what about you? Did you feel left out?" I looked into his eyes, searching for an answer. 

"I never really noticed before, but now I think about it, yeah, I think I did." He smiled sadly. "Why did you ask?" 

"Just a thought"

"Oh," He said, "Well, I better get going. I have a lot of stuff that I should be doing right now." 

"Oh ok." I smiled a little as I waved goodbye to him. I went to lay back down on the bed. 

**************************************************

Tap tap tap 

The sound of raindrops hitting the window of Dream's room filled my ears as my eyes fluttered open. I immediately shut my eyes again as the intensely bright sunlight blinded me and I groaned as I pulled the covers over my head. 

Tap tap tap

I opened my eyes once more in confusion. Surely it wouldn't be raining that hard and so bright and sunny at the same time.