-32-

Yuri's POV

2 weeks. It's been 2 weeks.

"Yuri, please come out the door..." Doyoung knocked on the door but I ignored him and grabbed the blanket just beside me. The small blanket on my hands strangely felt so warm. 

"Yuri, let's talk, please. I really wanted to tell you but I was scared!" My tears started to fall as Doyoung uttered those words. I grabbed the glass on my bedside table and thrown it towards the door.

"Dohyun is my child! I raised him! I... loved him..." Doyoung started to bang on the door, maybe concerned about the sound of the shattered glass. 

"Dohyun... come back to mommy..." I whispered as I embraced the small blanket that Dohyun always used. 

*2 weeks ago* 

"A car accident. It seems like both of them received countless injuries but the mother..."

"She's in danger." I tried to open my eyes and saw a doctor with some nurse. They all looked at me, shock evident on their faces.

I tried to look for Dohyun but I didn't see him so I reached for anyone's hand and whispered.

"M-my son... Dohyun..." My eyes started to get heavy after I felt a short, sharp pain in my arm. Everything went silent and my vision started to get heavy.

-

"You're so pathetic. Crying over a child who died but not even your own." Isn't that... the voice of Doyoung's dad?

"I already got attached to him even if he's just a child that replaced my real one." That's... Doyoung. What are they... talking about?

Died? Not even your own? Replaced my real one?

"Well, I guess it's fine. You won't have to feel scared about Yuri finding out that her real son died when she gave birth." Wh-what?

"What are you two talking about?" I finally opened my eyes and tried to sit despite having pain all over my body.

"What about my child? Where is Dohyun?" Doyoung's face looked so pale and everything slowly started to make sense.

I went out of bed and pushed Doyoung who's trying to stop me. Every part of my body hurts but I didn't want to think that everything they're talking about is true.

Because if it is indeed true then... Dohyun...

"My son! Bring him to me!" Nurses started to hold me and I felt a sharp needle pierce through my skin. My eyes closed and I saw Doyoung's face right before losing consciousness.

I don't want it to be true... because if it's true then that means that... Dohyun is already dead.

The moonlight shone at my feet, making me look at the window. As I thought about leaving, a face flashed on my mind. I grabbed my phone and slowly walked towards the window.

The window didn't even make a noise as I opened it. I looked outside and jumped out quickly since the room I'm staying in is on the ground floor.

Doyoung lied. He lied to me about my real son's death but... that's not the only thing that made me mad. What made me mad is that he easily got over Dohyun's death.

That would mean that he only brought Dohyun into our lives because he was scared that I would leave because I had no other reason to stay.

Wincing as I take small steps, the house started to look distant but then, my phone rang and I saw that Doyoung is calling me. I looked back at the house and saw a car's headlight. 

I tried to run as I thought that it must be Doyoung. Suddenly, my mouth got covered and my body was dragged towards the bushes. I tried to set myself free but as I smelled a very familiar perfume, I stopped.

"Ha-Haruto?" I looked up and saw his face looking at the road. A car suddenly passed by and it was Doyoung's.

"Are you alright?" His voice is filled with concern. He tucked my hair behind my ears and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Haruto I..." He showed me a warm smile and held my hands tightly.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked and I just tried to stop my tear from falling again.

I pushed him away but... he's still looking out for me.

"Anywhere... just... away from here..." He helped me stand up and we crossed the roads while holding each other's hands. He made me go inside a car and helped me fasten the seatbelt.

"I'll bring you to a safe place, Yuri."