Chapter 45- Missing

Ty's POV

It was 7:30pm now and Peri still hadn't come back from the store. I paced the room, biting my nails. "Ty, calm down. She probably got caught up. Maybe she has seen something she really likes and is deciding whether to buy it or not." Adam said over and over. "I can't help thinking Jao got her." I say. Jason froze. "Jason?" He looked up. "Hmm?" "Do you know where she is?" "No, I just knew someone called Jao." I shook my head and paced again.

Alesa finally decided to call the police. "Hello? Yes. I'm reporting my missing friend. She left for the store 5 hours ago but still hasn't come back..." She talked on the phone for a while before hanging up. "They're on their way. Don't worry Ty." Alesa said softly, trying to comfort me. "What really scares me is that she is pregnant...PREGNANT, Alesa!" "Calm Down." Adam said.

The police showed up five minutes later. "Please can you describe Peri, just so we know what we are looking for." "She's almost as tall as me, red velvet hair which is straight and only reaches her collarbone. She was wearing a loose shirt with jeans when she left." I said, still looking at front door l, hoping she would walk through any minute.

"Any others features? Disabilities? Disorders?" "She is 3 months pregnant with my child." I replied anxiously. They left, promising to start on the case right away. I heard the blur of sirens in the distance. I went to bed very early, still feeling very worried. The bed felt very empty without her there, I cried a little before getting to sleep.

Peri's POV

I sort or woke up in a trance, half dreaming, half in reality. My eyes opened halfway. I remembered walking out the store then getting attacked, but that was it. I carefully tried to move my arms, they were tied behind me. A gag was wound around my mouth, there was clearly no use screaming for help. It became very cold in the small place I was. Where was I? A small dark room, very damp, cold and rotten. I looked up to see small chunks of light getting in.

I don't know what is going on, I look at the bump. Is it ok? The kidnapper better not have done anything to harm it. Before I could think about anything else, I passed out.

Jason's POV

I tossed and turned during the night, unable to remove the guilt. What have I done? Peri is gone, the baby is most likely dead and Ty is heartbroken. I can hear his small sobs through the wall. This is all my fault. This is all because of me, I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Ty's POV

The next day, I kept clamouring Adam and Alesa to call the police to see if they had found her. I was told again and again that we would be rung if she was found. I stayed very quiet throughout the day. Peri where are you? Please tell me you are ok. I went out to the village and looked around, in all the stores, the alleyways, I even went to see if she'd checked into the hotel fir the night.

Nothing. I sighed and walked back to the house. She had been missing for nearly 24 hours. I walked into the water shed, she had seemed vaguely interested in this place for some reason. I walked over a slippery grid and fell onto it. For a moment I thought I heard a small gasp from underneath but decided was nothing.

Adam had sent a ad on social media saying that if they knew where she went there would be a reward. Lots of people sent support but no one had seen her. For most of the day I just sat in our room, staring into space. Now and then, Alesa, Adam, Ian and Maddy would walk in and check on me.

Adam's POV

I checked on Ty for the hundredth time now. It's been 24 hours since Peri disappeared. The police phoned and said the last footage of her was at 3:30pm yesterday, walking out of Mothercare. I walked past Jason's room and heard voices. I peeked through the gap in the door, a random guy was talking to him. "Smart decision, don't expect me to be going near your little brother." The guy said in a very threatening voice. "Ok, I told you what you wanted, the least you could do is tell me where she is."

The guy turned out to be Jao. Isn't that the guy Ty had talked about. I carried on listening. Jao laughed before replying. "And why would I tell you that?" "...because she needs food and water. If that isn't given, Peri will die." Jason said desperately. "Ketaya doesn't need that crap. Maybe this will teach her not to betray me." After a while, Jason gave in with his pleading. : so stuffed a large wad of what seemed to be $20 notes, before heading out the window.

I walked in, my mouth wide open. "Why..." "Adam please...I can explain..." Jason said. I sat down on his bed. "You were in on it...you told him where she was." "I know but-" he began. "Ty is in his room, heartbroken because his fiance and his unborn baby are missing but say NOTHING." "I never meant to, he threatened to kill me and my baby brother. Please understand it was peer pressure, Adam"

"You have to tell the police." I said getting up. "No! Then who knows what Jao will do." "Don't you think you have done enough damage already. We have a week to find her, not even that before she dies of dehydration." He sat there covering his face. "You need to tell the police, it's a hope for us finding her and catching Jao." I say. He nods and heads to the door.

Ty's POV

The police called me to sit downstairs. They told me where she had last been seen. They then asked us if we had any information. Jason stood up. He sighed and blurted it all out. "I know who took her." My eyes widened. "He threatened to kill my younger brother and me, he peer pressured me into telling him where Peri was. I promise I don't know where she is. I tried to find out but... He wouldn't tell me."

I sat there glaring at him. "I'LL KILL YOU!!!" I shouted lunging towards him. Adam and Mitch held me back. "YOU KEPT QUIET!!!YOU ARE THE REASON SHE'S MISSING! ADAM, MITCH, GET THE FUCK OFF ME!!!!!" I say struggling. I was eventually calmed down and like a little kid, sent to my room to stop.

I lay on the bed with my head in the pillow. He knew all along...but he kept quiet. He told : so where Peri was. Peri is gone because of him. The baby could be dead for all we know. And Peri...would I ever see her again? I stood up and looked at her phone. I knew the password. It's the same one she had since she was 15.

I carefully typed in 'Deadlox' into the passcode and unlocked her phone. Her phone had been found in the alleyway behind Mothercare. After being proved as useless evidence was returned to me. I clutched it as if it was actually her, my tears dripping down onto my screen. I looked at her photos and looked back right to the ones of May 14th 2013 to 21st May 2013.

I smiled at the first few photos we were in together. The ones when we went to that live performance, that night I asked her out... Tears ran down more when I saw that photo. I had never loved someone so much, thinking about then and now, I wondered if there was a chance I would see her again. I remembered to back then when I was an 18 year old with a crush, basically an ordinary teenaged. I thought I back then I would never have known I would be engaged to her, or have her carrying my first child. But I wouldn't have known she had gone missing before she had it either.

I locked the phone and fell asleep.

Please be ok...