Chapter 48- Depression

Ty's POV

I brought Peri home the next day. She had something with her though. A form. When we got home , we sat at the table. She explained what the form was for. "The baby was a boy, Ty. The doctors say what mothers normally do is get the ashes of their lost and make them into a diamond." "But-" "The diamond is then put into a necklace, ring, whatever with the name o the child on it." One part of me thought this was little weird which it was. But the other half thought it a really good idea.

It could probably help us let go a bit. I agreed and we filled out the form. Except for one thing. "What should the name of our baby be?" She asked quietly. "I remember wanting a brother called Saul. I once looked it up and the meaning was 'The Child We Asked For'" I answered holding her hand. "I think Saul is a great name." She replied. Though she didn't smile. She just wrote down 'Saul' on the line.

The necklace came and I insisted Peri keep it around her neck. The next few weeks were painful as hell, Peri barely spoke or went outside. On fact the only person she spoke to anymore is me. Even little Lucy couldn't get her to speak. It wasn't just that which made it painful, what really hurt was seeing Peri change as time crept along.

YouTube got us a decent amount of money each month but with the wedding coming up. YouTube could only bed I.e a part time job. I earned more money by working in the local garage, fixing cars. Peri earned some money as well, she would sometimes go into work for the entire shift. If she decided to pass on work for a day, the next she would work over time to make up for it. I came back home all oily and tired form working, Peri had skipped work again.

This we all could understand.

I came back and felt as if I had been punched in the stomach. Her beautiful red hair had gone to light brown. That was not like her at all. Peri NEVER dyes her hair a normal colour. This was the first thing that had changed about her. I stood there, staring at this new colour. "Peri...why?" "I just felt like dying my hair back to a natural colour." She answered not looking up from her laptop. Working from home. The second thing that changed about het was the fact that nothing seemed to piss her off anymore. Peri was a nice girl, very sweet but would fight back. It was one of the many things I liked about her. But now she just shrugs everything off. It's like this depression is just draining her character altogether.

This is becoming really hard. She isn't even the same person anymore. I try every time to bring her back. I try to piss her off with every way I can think of, I have buyer lots of different hair dye colours from the store but she has refused everyone of them. I confronted her that night. "Peri. You're acting really strange. It's like you are an entirely different person." I say. "What's wrong with trying to create a new image?" She asked looking at her phone blankly. "There was nothing wrong with your image!"

Peri's POV

So what if I have been changing? It's called experimenting. My old self was not good and I wanted to change. Ty seemed to think differently. "There was nothing wrong with your image! I loved you just the way you were. Please don't erase the girl I fell in love with. He said desperately. He placed his right hand on my left cheek and pulled me into a kiss. I could see the point he was trying to prove but I still wanted to see which person I felt better being. After we lost Saul. Something did change.

My depression kicked in and I felt I needed to change. I dyed my hair to near enough my original colour. The same as Jordan's. I decided the only way I was going to accept the recent event was to let it roll off my back. I did the same with everything else. Not letting anything get to me. It really has helped. I still feel something is missing. How I am going to cope on Saul' s birthday...I don't know.

After that confrontation, Ty had pulled away and gave me a small smile. For his sake I gave him a tiny reassuring one back. His face suddenly lightened up completely, it was the first time he had seen me smile in weeks. He went to get changed for bed, leaving me. I walked over to the mirror. I silently cried as I saw the flat stomach instead of the bump. I heard the door to the bathroom unlocking so I jumped into bed and lay on my side. I felt his arms wrap around me.

I started to think. All these weeks of depression I have been pushing Ty away when he offered support. I need to make it up to him. I have to let him help me, it's the only way I'll start to accept what has happened and get my life back on track. Ty works constantly while I sit at home and do nothing, it's unfair.

Starting tomorrow I will start to move on. Of course I will never forget about Saul. He would have been our first child. We kept the ultrasound pictures of him on our bedside tables. I'm getting married in August, I can't be in this state for the actual day. There is lots to plan and a lot of money is needed. I carefully got up out of bed and put my work clothes out. I'm doing this for you, Ty. For us.

A/N: Never again. Most upsetting plot so far in this book. Be sure to vote and comment thank you so much for 2.9K reads! Also, please check out @Riolugirl152, her Venturian fabric is amazing. She also created the awesome covers for this book and my other book, Countdown. Thank you again for 2.9k reads, you guys are the best!