Chapter 75- The first birthday

Peri's POV

Ty decided to go back to work last week, I'm leaving it for an other month. I love my children and I dislike the idea of going to work without them. Still, I need to work and a vet is not exactly the best place for 1 year old babies. Yep. Today is Fallon and Cerys' first birthday. Ty needs to go to work today and he isn't happy about it. Though he is allowed to come home early to spend the rest of the day with his family. He woke up early, I stayed huddled in the sheets, doing my best to keep warm. Ty chuckled as he got changed. "You look so cute like that." "I'm cold." I say with a laugh. He goes to brush his teeth and then leaves the room. I hear his footsteps wonder into the nursery and grin as I hear cooing. Ty came back in and kissed my forehead. "See you later. Love you" I smiled and mumbled "You too" before drifting off as the door closed. 

Of course, the peace did not last long as soon I heard crying. I got out of bed and crept into the nursery. Fallon was crying her eyes out. I checked her mouth, softly humming as I did so. She calmed down and nestled against me. "First tooth is a bitch. Am I right Fallon?" She looked up, very lazy. I fed her and changed her before putting her on the play mat while I did the same to Cerys. Shasta Sat near, he still protects them. I played with them for a while before getting a call from Jordan. 

P= Hi, something up?

J=Not much. Mum and Dad want to know how the kids are doing. 

P= Good. What time are you coming round?

J=Abot two-ish. I don't know about mum and dad. 

P=Ty will be home at one so that works. And Joy is coming at half two. So at the moment everything works. 

J=Ty's working again?

P= Yep. He started last week.

J=And you?

P=Next month. I don't really want to leave them.

J=Its Ok. Me and the others can look after them.

P=Hm. I'm not too sure about that.

J=Excuse me?

P=Could you handle two babies for 7 days a week?

J=Me? No. But Bethany might. 

P= Yeah, I guess but I think we'll share it between you and the grandparents considering the will want to look after them as well.

J=Alright. Well I'll see you at two. Bye.

P=Bye.

I put the twins in their cots for them to nap while I tidied the house for the family members. Everything was ready, I collapsed on the bed. My eyes explored the room and fell onto my bedside table. I sat up and frowned as I picked up the picture. I held my necklace. Saul would have been 1 a few months ago. Ty had his ultrasound on his computer desk. He is so happy now that he has two children yet it wasn't even a week ago since I caught him holding the picture frame, just sitting in his chair, looking at it. I sighed. "I miss you Saul. I never got to hold you. I never even saw you in real life. As soon as you came I was knocked out. But I remember an old quote from my childhood, 'A person is a person. No matter how small.'" I said the quote over and over. 

Soon enough I knew I had to get up. I decided to record a video with Ashley and Alesa. I turned on my computer and thought about what we could play. Maybe hide and seek? I logged onto Skype and sent a call to the two. "Hey guys!" "Peri!" "Sup?" I laughed. "You guys want to record?" "Sure!" They said simultaneously. We all logged onto minecraft and got onto a hide and seek server. "3,2,1...Hey ma peeps! It's Mellodee! Again. Some of you thought was I dead. But I'm not, I'm fine, just busy at the moment." I said. Alesa cut in, "And today is a special day! It's the twins first birthday! Geez, I can't believe it was a year ago since me and Adam were waiting excitedly at that hospital. It's all coming back, Ty crying, the coffee, the uncomfortable couches in the waiting room..."