Chapter 59- Baby Shower Planning

Peri's POV

Me and Alesa were sat at the table in my kitchen, looking at themes for baby shower. "How about a pink and blue theme?" She asked. "No. IIt's a girl, I don't want to confuse the guests with the blue. Plus, there will be a lot of pink so I think we should cut it down for the baby shower. Maybe nice colours like pale or mint green and yellow. A tiny bit of blue." "Ok...so maybe...an animal theme?" "Very tempting...but no." We sat for five minutes before Alesa whacked her hand on the table. "Summer theme! Fallon is going to be born in June which is in summer!" I smiled. "Yes!" I replied.

We spent all day planning. There was going to be a few pink balloons dotted around to clarify the gender. Blue, green, yellow and white paper chains for decoration. We set about, making some decorations, Alesa made a video for her channel as part of her DIY series. We made:Paper chains, all summery colours, we made little blue and white paper bird cut outs, a flag banner thing that said "It's a Girl!" On each flag which were patterned as 'white, green, blue." We also made this little cardboard tree to hang favors up, guest could take one off as they went out. It had blue birds dotted on it and had green and white branches and leaves.

After that we packed them up gently and put them in a box which I would take home and bring out in a few weeks time. Next we looked up recipes and planned to make vanilla cupcakes with white, and blue icing. On all the white cupcakes we planned to have little icing yellow flowers on them, as in pastel primrose yellow. Or pastel green flowers. And on the blue cupcakes were either water lilies with little pink lillies or yellow ducklings. We also sketched out some cookies in the shape of little white and yellow baby outfits. I went online and ordered a buffet that was cheap and good value for money ordering: Soft pancakes with maple syrup, Different selections of sandwiches, a barbecue along with dip and crisps and other snacks. The drinks were cocktails, lemonade and juice for the little ones, like Lucy. The Cake was easy, we found a recipe and designed the decoration of it to give to Tiffany, a beautiful cake with white icing, little primroses growing round the side, a blue butterfly flying on top and a bird sitting on a green plant with a speech bubble saying, "Welcome Baby Girl".

Once that was done, I bought some stuff online, a yellow tablecloth, green mats, some sky blue vases to hold sunflowers, some streamers and other little bits. Lastly, I created some invitations, "Next month....maybe the 27th March?....my house from 12pm to 4pm." I say, typing down the details, I made the invitations on Photoshop. I used a special website to send them off to be printed. "Should be delivered here in 3 weeks." I say with triumph. We keep our information and notes, say goodbye and Alesa left with the recipes. She would give the cake recipe and design to Tiffany.

Ty came home late and exhausted, he wasn't himself and later we found he could hardly talk so he rested while I looked after him, I gave him medicine and made a video stating he would miss a video for a day or two. "Thanks Peri...Did you plan the shower then?" He asked, sipping some Lemsip. "Yep. Majority of it done. We're going for a summer theme." I replied happily putting the box in a cupboard for now.