Chapter 70- One by one

Ty' s POV

It's been a few days since Jao took the twins. Peri talks very little. Us, Jordan and everyone else in our area including the boys in the TC house are doing all they can to try and find them. Nothing. No message, no ransom, no news. I was working in the garden again. I normally love working in the garden but now was not very enjoyable. "Ty?" Peri was standing behind me. I hadn't noticed her. "Yeah? Anything I can do?" "I just came to ask. Has anything came yet?" I shook my head. "Still nothing." I said sadly. She looked at her feet and sighed. "Maybe tomorrow." She says that every day now. I follow her into the house, "We'll find them. It'll turn out ok....it has to." I said putting my hand on her shoulder. 

"I'll go to the store and get some food." Peri said, grabbing her wallet and car keys. "No. I want you to stay here. I'm not having you disappearing again." "Ty..." "We both know what Jao wants. He wants you. I'm not letting that happen. No. I'll go. I'll be back in 15 minutes." I said. She smiled at me and sat down on the couch. "I have my phone with me and while I'm gone. Stay silent and out of sight. Hide in the gaming room in the attic until I'm back. He might come looking for you." "Ok." She started up the stairs. "Peri." Peri turned to face me. "I love you." "You too." She smiled and climbed into the attic, shutting the trapdoor behind her. 

About 10 minutes later I had the groceries and put them in my car. I shut the trunk door and climbed in. I didn't know what to expect when I got home. Would Peri still be there. She could have been taken, or she's left shaking in the attic while Jao searches the house. I drove carefully as I was nearing our neighbourhood. Then it happened. I heard a car horn and a black car from behind rammed into the side of my car and sent it swerving off the road. I clenched my teeth as I tried to gain control of the car but it was too late. I was flung forward and knocked out as my car hit a tree. A distant sound of fire and the smell of smoke surrounded me. I'm so sorry Peri.

Peri's POV

One hour. He'd be 15 minutes, yet he hadn't come home. I slowly opened the trapdoor for a split second, all was quiet. Do I dare.? I waited and listened. Nothing. I have never been so scared to walk around my house alone. I wandered round, a knife in one hand for self defence. I called Ty' s phone. It rung for a few minutes before reaching the answer phone. "Hey this is Ty, I'm a little busy right now so just leave a message and I'll call you back when I can." I tried several more times. No answer so I left a message just in case he got caught up. Maybe he was at the gas station or at his family's or at Adam's place. Then a note. It just lay on the counter a knife planted it to the surface. 

1 final chance. Get rid of him. Then I'll consider keeping the kids for your sake but you must legally hand them into my custody. Don't take your time. I'm becoming impatient.

Normally Jao would never tell his whereabouts but on the back of the paper was an address. An old flat right on the other side of town. I threw my knife at the wall in frustration. Of all people, why do these things happen to us? I have to save Ty. And our children. I have to find away to trick Jao. So I don't actually sign Jao as the legal father. I kept my phone and packed small knife in my pocket. Again. Self defence. 

I used my car to get to the old building. It was empty but the flats were left untouched. Ok. "14C" I said out loud. I couldn't just walk through the door. A vent caught my eye. I am small enough to crawl through that without getting stuck. I opened the vent and crawled in. I shuffled up and turned corners until I heard crying. And frantic shushing. Looking through the gaps I could just about see Ty leaning by two boxes, shushing them. "Please stop crying. He'll be back soon. It'll only make him more angry and he'll hurt one of you." 

So Jao was out. I kicked at the door and it fell down. Startled, Ty looked behind him as if ready to defend the two babies. I jumped out and ran over to him. "Ty!" "Peri! Thank God you're ok! Jao was out looking for you and-" he was interrupted by me gasping. "Ty! What the hell happened?" I asked. He had bruises and his clothes were ripped and he had a cut on his face, blood was dripping all over him. "I'm fine. It was just a small car accident." Ty said calmly. "Small?! You're bleeding excessively! Like...everywhere!" I got out my knife and started cutting lose the ropes that bound his left hand to a radiator behind him.