Chapter 52- Little Lillie-Mae

Peri's POV

I had fallen asleep on the couch. It was now 8pm. Ty rushed through the doors and sighed with relief when he saw me sitting up on the couches. "I thought something bad happened to you." He said hugging me. At that moment the nurse came in and said we could visit Kathryn. I took Ty through and I saw a very tired but pleased Kathryn and a proud Beau sitting in a room with a small bundle of pink blankets in Kathryn's arms.

I beamed and quietly walked in. "She's so beautiful" Kathryn whispered, tears of joy slipping down her cheeks. The baby itself was adorable. The big blue eyes and small tufts of hair. I smiled as she passed it to Beau. "What are you calling her?" I asked. "Lillie-Mae" she replied kissing the small forehead. "You did good." Ty said. We said congratulations and left the couple with their new born.

Ty's POV

Saul would be here as well. I have started to accept the loss but after seeing little Lillie-Mae in their arms, I wanted a child more than anything. I looked at Peri as we drove home. Of course this was way to soon and asking to try again now would be very offensive and disrespectful. I sighed as I thought more. After we are married. Around December. Maybe I could ask her if we could try again.

The next day Peri said that they were now home and were setting up the stuff for LM. I sat on the couch picking at my nails. What would I call a baby girl? I thought about it. Cat? Carly? Cerys! Perfect. I liked the name Cerys.

Beau's POV

I set up the crib as Kathryn effortlessly got Lillie-Mae to sleep. She cradled the small child as I laid down the blankets and such. Kathryn gave LM to me, I kissed the baby's forhead and set her down, the baby moved around, taking in her new surroundings and looked at every little detail, examining the small lilac teddy we had given her. She held it and stared at it moving it through her tiny hands.

Kathryn stroked LM' s tufts of hair. The child then grabbed her finger, wrapping her small fingers around Kathryn's index. We lower the light level just a tiny bit before leaving the baby to sleep. We sat on the couch taking in the previous events. We now had a baby girl of our own. Our own flesh and blood. She was good as well, Kathryn only had to get up twice during the night to calm the crying bundle.

I got up in the morning to calm the crying baby, Kathryn was still fast asleep. I picked the small child up and took her to our room. I sat on the bed, cradling LM, she looked back up at me then started playing with her left foot. I laughed at the puzzled facial expression on her. "Still finding out how everything works?" I whisper, she continued to observe her left foot, she let go and waved it around. I laughed then the baby started to cry again. Looks like I'll have to change her.