Chapter 27

[Josephine's POV]

When we got in the car and my mind was blank. I was humiliated that my doctor knew my previous struggles. I didn't want her questioning my ability to take care of my baby. The fact that my stress levels could cause my baby harm pained me in such a deep and sorrowful way. Something I'm doing is hurting my kid is the worst realization a mother can experience.

"Jo, talk to me. Say anything please." Hero puts his hand on my thigh running figure 8's with his index finger.

"I truthfully don't know what to say."

"She said you just need to keep your stress levels as far down as possible. Okay, we both want what's best for bean, but your the only one who knows what's causing your stress. I need you to tell me what's causing it so I can help."

I know he wants to help in every possible way but i, myself, doesn't even know what's causing my mental health to plummet.

Before I can open my mouth I feel a tear fall down my cheek. Hero is quick to catch it with the pad of his thumb.

"You can tell me anything Jo."

I take a deep breath in trying to insure myself I won't break down into sobs while talking. "I just feel so selfish. I have everything I have ever wanted. The love of my life in a happy relationship, bean on the way, my dream job and roll. I mean it, I literally have everything I've ever dreamed of having but..." I sniffle and turn my head to look out window.

"But?"

"But my mental health is plummeting at speeds I can't handle. I feel selfish because I have everything and yet I'm drowning in my own head. I don't know why or what to do about it but I just don't want you to blame yourself in anyway because if it wasn't for you... I- I would've been gone already."

I glance over and see Hero's eyes brim with tears but he's trying to compose himself for my sake.

He snakes my hand in his and we intertwine our fingers. It's like his hands were shaped to specifically fit mine.

"Your mental health is nothing and I mean nothing to be ashamed of. You are in no way selfish Jo. In fact you are the most selfless person I've met in my whole life. I will be here for you through all of it, for you and bean, i swear it. I love you and I want you to talk to me about anything and everything that runs through your mind. I would never judge you for your thoughts and feelings, I want to be your safe place the way you are mine." He kisses my knuckles when he finishes his beautiful and reassuring speech.

"Truthfully I need a vacation." I half joke. I have been so stressed here in Atlanta I would love to just get away from here.

Before I noticed what he's doing he has his phone open on sunwing looking at flights.

"Woah calm down, what the hell do you think your doing?" I giggle. I love this boy to much.

"Looking at places we can go. Your not the only one who needs a vacation." My heart flutters. The thought of going on a vacation with Hero makes my blood bubble with excitement.

"How about bahamas?" He asks in all seriousness.

"I'm perfectly fine with where ever as long as your there." I smile at him.

"Bahamas it is then." He books the flight for next weekend.

"Holy shit Hero you are insane! Those were $1000 plane tickets and you didn't even think twice you just..." I get cut off by his lips on mine.

"I love you Josephine."

"I love you Hero."

And with that he pulls the car out of the driveway and to the hotel.

Hey guys, super sorry for being inactive, I've been consumed reading the after series again trying to gain inspiration. What do you think will happen on Jo and Hero's vacation?