CLXI- My Friend Katie

A/N: Slow updates as we are nearing the end of the book. Please be patient I promise I will finish. I guess I never realized how hard ending this would be. Anyway, enjoy this next chapter my lovelies. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Month and a Half Later...May 14th

Livia's P.O.V.

I set the rest of my stuff down on the floor. "That should be the last of it." I say to myself. Katie would've been here to help but she had to work. So here I am, moving into my new studio apartment in New York. It's small, and way overpriced but my parents insisted on it. The dorms were closing for summer and Katie moved in with Jack a month ago. So this is where I'll likely spend the next three years.

It's a nice place though, for the size. There's a large window with a small balcony in the living/bedroom. My bed is against one wall, with a small loveseat at the end where the tv and coffee table is. To my right is the kitchen, there's a small dishwasher and a four burner stove so it'll be perfect for just myself.

The bathroom is on the other side of the kitchen, also besides the closet. I've never lived on my own before, but I've spent a lot of time alone in a house that was too big for my family. This seems more appropriate.

Starting next week, I'll be working with Katie at the diner. Nothing crazy, but it'll give me something to do for my first summer in New York. I always pictured Shawn and I spending the summer together but we can't always get what we want. I saw on facebook the day he got Matthew. Dianne took a "family picture." He looked good, happy even.

There's a sudden knock on my door, only one person has the key so I'm cautious. Looking at the peephole, I see that it's just Katie and open the door. "Happy move in! I got off work early." She announces, handing me a cactus in a pot.

I graciously accept and gesture for her to come in. "I still can't believe it. It feels like yesterday I was back in Brookview."

She gives me a look, "You were in Brookview yesterday." Katie looks around, "Oh that coffee table is cute." She says, running her hand over the cheap marble. "The cactus would look nice here." I agreed with her and set the plant in the middle of the coffee table. Katie looks at me pointedly, "So...what are your plans for tonight?"

I shrug, "Order a pizza, watch Jane the Virgin on Netflix."

"Or..." She pauses, "Jane the Virgin? Really?" Katie seemingly thinks aloud. "Or, you could come with me to Ty and Layla's bar?"

"What? No Jack tonight?"

"He'll be there, but with a client. Besides, it's been a long time since I've had a friend to go out with." Katie may not realize this, but she's never directly called me her friend before.

The feeling is nice. I look around at my suitcases and boxes with my clothes in it. "Okay, I'll go. I just have to find something to wear." I must admit, I haven't had much of a night out in a really long time. There's not much to Brookview, Colorado.

Katie beams, "I'll help!"

An hour later and it's prime time to leave. I found an outfit I'm excited about wearing. "Why haven't I seen you in this before?" Katie asks on our way to the bar.

"It's been in the back of my closet at my parents." I adjust the sleeves of the black lace dress that I wore last to RAVE. "Besides, there aren't many occasions to wear something like this."