XCI- Scenarios

I keep thinking about what would've happened if my parents had walked in on Shawn and I in the kitchen. If they had seen us holding hands and looking at each other with love in our eyes. Maybe they would've approved. It's unlikely but Shawn's right, they love him. Maybe they would've been happy for us. I suppose it beats the alternative, which is them disapproving. They could've broken us up somehow, like calling NYU and telling them we're seeing each other. Like we're Romeo and Juliet, breaking some ungodly rule to love each other. I just hope our story doesn't end so tragically.

It's hard going over the what if's like they own my life. Stupid little scenarios that pop into my head because of one fight Shawn and I had. Even though we're good now, we've been back for two days and everything has gone back to normal.

"Come on, you're going to be late." Katie says as she walks back in with a towel wrapped around her body. She sets her stuff down on her desk and walks over to me. "Hello?"

I look at her. "I heard you."

"What's up with you?"

I sit up and grab the covers to pull them off of me. "Nothing I was just thinking." There's no point in telling her about my scenarios and what if's. Mainly because that would take a while and she's right, I'm going to be late. "I'll see you at the diner tonight?"

Katie sifts through her drawers for underwear. "You're not going to intern today?"

I shrug, "I'll be in the classroom tutoring so I should be free." She nods, agreeing to save me a table. With that, I grab my shower stuff and leave the dorm. I've never been one for co-ed showers but in college you don't get an option. So I generally get in and out as quickly as I can.

When I walk in Seth is at the sink, fixing his hair with a towel wrapped around his torso. "You took a shower here?" I ask him.

He stops and looks over at me. "Yeah I stayed the night here." Before I can ask why he adds, "...With a girl."

I sigh, "Is that why you and Hunter are acting weird? Because you have a girlfriend?"

Seth turns to me completely. "It's not like that, I don't have a girlfriend we just hooked up last night." I'm more confused now than ever.

"Okay then what has been going on?" Hunter's never been able to not tell me anything before. Let alone the two of them tiptoeing around each other. I look around to see that no one else is in the bathroom with us. "You can talk to me." I reassure him.

Seth puts his brush in his bag and holds onto the top of his towel. "It's not a big deal but Hunter and I got shitfaced one night and kissed."

He doesn't meet my eyes, as if I'm going to shame him or something. "So you're bi?" I ask.

Seth shakes his head. "No, or at least I don't think I am. I'm just confused and I like having Hunter as a roommate. I don't want to ruin that over a drunken mistake."

"Tell Hunter that, minus the kissing him being a mistake. I'm sure he would understand." Hunter always understood whenever I got confused but I've never sent him mixed signals. "As for the confusion...you could ask Hunter how he feels about the whole situation. He's probably just as confused as you." I know they've gotten pretty close as friends since he moved here. If they want to remain friends then they need to have a conversation about what happened between them. A part of me is rooting for them but I won't tell that to Seth yet.

Seth takes my advice and wraps his arms around me in a hug. "Thanks, Livia."

I awkwardly pat his back a couple of times. "No problem, but you're practically naked so-"