CXLVI- I Know You're Obsessed With Her

When I get home I lock the door behind me. The only people who have a key are Shawn, Dianne, and myself. "This is Morgan's place?"

    "Yep. His mom built it onto her building last year." Seth looks around, noticing Shawn and I's prom picture on the side table. "I can't believe this." He sets the picture back down. "So many things are clicking, things I never realized until now." That seems to be something everyone goes through. The longing glances Shawn and I give each other, the staying after school, the disappearing at the same times. I could go on forever.

    I grab the flowers from the counter and throw them in the garbage. "We started this fling after he found out about Dean. He was the only one who knew what was going on."

    "And he didn't do anything to stop it?" Leaving him needs to happen when you're ready.

    Turning to Seth, I shake my head. "He thought leaving him had to be my choice. I was pretty scared about what would happen if I left Dean. So it took me longer than I intended." Then, Hunter came to the rescue without telling anyone his plan.

    The next thing I do is lock all of the windows. I don't think dean is dumb enough to break in here but I can't be too careful. He must've followed me here, or looked Shawn up in order to send me flowers. "This is crazy. Morgan could have helped you without taking advantage of you."

    I stop what I'm doing to turn to him. "You have no idea what you're talking about." I snap, I'm sick of people constantly thinking the worst of Shawn. "Shawn is the reason I'm still alive. He's the reason I'm not trapped under Dean's thumb right now in California. We fell in love with each other, it's not as wrong as everyone makes it out to be."

    Seth puts his hands up in mock surrender, "I'm sorry okay. It's not everyday I realize one of my closest friends has been lying to me to cover up her affair." I know he's right. This must be strange for him hearing it the first time. "The whole thing with Dean too I mean, he seemed legit."

    "About that." I say, moving to sit down. "Did he ever give you a reason as to why he moved here?" Since I'm the big bad ex who ran him out of town. It wouldn't make sense for him to follow me here.

    Seth takes a second to think about his response. "Yeah, actually. He mentioned wanting to see you after he got settled in. He wanted to confront you about how things went down and possibly get you back." Seth rakes his fingers through his hair. "It just doesn't make sense. He seemed so nice and normal."

    I meet his eyes. "Dean always does at first. All of my friends absolutely loved him, and my parents thought he was perfect for me. Hell even I-" I pause, thinking of all the good moments we had before our senior year. "Even I fell for it." Dean is charming, attractive, and smart. He found a way in the second he walked into that library. Not that his intentions were bad from the start. Who knows, he could've slowly been grooming me since day one.

    I check the time, Shawn should be home in a couple of hours. "I appreciate you coming here with me but you don't have to stay. Shawn won't be home until almost four."

    Seth continues to look around, at the pictures and layout of his professor's house. "Nope, I'm staying right here." He finally sits down with a grunt.

    Shawn's P.O.V.

    "Alright guys, the assignments are up on the board. Once you write it down you can leave." Instead of writing it down, my class takes a picture on their way out. "I guess that counts. See you Thursday." I leave the door open, trying to get my things together.

    There's a knock on my open door. "Hey Teach." I halt all of my movements and look up. Standing inside my classroom is Dean Cooper. With shorter hair and the same stupid smirk. He walks in further, getting close.