CX- Christmas Eve

"This plane is really Dianne's?" Jack asks, leaning down to whisper.

I turn to him, "Yeah, she's doing really good for herself. How do you think Shawn got a decent sized apartment in New York?" It may be attached to Dianne's business but at least there's a ton of room.

He shrugs, "Good point." I can tell he's pretty nervous about the whole situation.

"It's going to be fine you know?"

Jack nods, looking around to make sure no one is listening. Shawn and Katie are busy getting their bags squared away. "It's just weird because we're going to Shawn's house."

"So?"

"So, it used to be my uncle's and I remember him."

I pat his arm, "It's going to be weird seeing it. Just don't think of it as Matt's old house. Think of it as Shawn's."

Jack doesn't add anything to the conversation, he just offers me a reassuring smile. At first Jack planned on getting a hotel with Katie. Then I reminded him it might be important for him to stay and get to know Shawn. Even though we have no clue what the outcome of tomorrow will bring.

"Our seats are over here." Shawn tells me, pointing to the ones toward the back. Jack and Katie are two seats back and over. I take the aisle seat and wait for the pilot's instructions to begin. I've been on this plane multiple times before, and it's always the same. As soon as the pilot gives his speech, and the attendants make sure we're buckled in, it takes off. It's not a long flight, maybe four and a half hours. "Remind me again why Jack is with us?" Shawn questions in a hushed tone.

I look at him, "Because he's Katie's boyfriend." And your brother, but I can't exactly say that. "Who knows, maybe it'll be fun."

"Christmas isn't something I normally even celebrate." Unfortunately, that was something I did know.

Dianne may have turned herself around now but when he was a kid, Christmas fell on his uncle Matt to provide. If not, Shawn didn't get one. "You know my Christmas wasn't very hallmark either." I remind him, hoping that I can relate to him.

He takes my hand. "Promise me, when we have kids, they'll never spend a holiday alone."

The way he talks about our future is so beautiful. "Yeah, we'll go all out too. With a huge tree-"

"A real one, from the woods or something."

I laugh, "Naturally, and we'll bake sugar cookies with them."

He nods, getting excited at the thought alone. "With lights and decorations, and mistletoe."

"I can't wait." I say, more to myself but loud enough that he hears.

The pilot comes on the speaker, tearing us away from our perfect Christmas illusion. Still, it's nice to know he thinks about things like this. About our future and what we could be like.

Of course, kids and marriage won't happen for years. It's just nice to think about.

"Go ahead and fasten your seatbelts." The blonde flight attendant announces. She comes through to check it for us and then the plane starts to move.

My stomach churns once we're in the air. My hands get clammy and I feel like I'm going to be sick. "Livia? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just...I feel a little sick." Before Shawn can respond, I unfasten my seatbelt and rush to the bathroom.

I puke my breakfast and wish I hadn't chosen an egg McMuffin before this flight. Once it's out of my system, I feel a bit better. I flush and sit on the floor, attempting to catch my breath. "Livia, are you okay?" Shawn asks on the other side of the door.