LXXIX- The Weekend

Livia's P.O.V.

I walk through the door quietly in case Katie is still sleeping. She looks up from her desk, pulling her headphones out and standing up. "Hey, what the hell happened to you last night? Did you know that girl?"

I sigh, moving over to my closet and changing my clothes from last night. "I don't know her, not really anyway."

"It didn't seem like that from where I was standing." She mumbles, sitting back down in her chair.

Shawn told me I should lie and I know he's right. The problem is, I can't think of one. Katie is nice and I would love to be her friend but what kind of friendship starts off with lies? As much as I love Shawn, I hate this part. "It's complicated, we were playing never have I ever with her friends, and things got a little heated." I internally groan, I forgot about her friends and how they saw everything. "I'm apologizing on Monday."

"She hit you first, you don't owe her an apology for winning."

It's not about winning or losing, "It shouldn't have happened. I don't hit people, I don't hurt people." It didn't make me feel any better, it just made me feel worse.

Katie turns back to her computer screen, exiting out of her tabs and logging out. When she's done she gets up and grabs her shower supplies. "You're a better person than I am for apologizing, that's for sure." Then she walks out of the room.

I lay back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I'm not a good person, I lie, and cheat, and I sleep with my teacher. Maybe in the grand scheme of things I'm no better than Katherine.

The only relief I get is knowing that Hunter will be here this time tomorrow. He already knows all of my secrets. I just hope that with him living with Seth, he'll keep them to himself.

I take this time to focus on my school work. The last thing I need is to fall behind because I'm worried about my morals.

Sunday...

I stand patiently with Seth beside me. One of my good friends will get off that plane any minute. It's only been a little more than a month since we last saw each other but I'm strangely nervous. "Oh, I see him." Seth nudges my shoulder and points a little to his left.

Hunter smiles when he notices us, offering us a nod in greeting. I walk to him, meeting him halfway. "It's nice to see you." He tells me as we hug quickly and pull away.

Seth hugs him, surprising me a little bit. "I can't wait for you to see our place."

"It's been all he can talk about for the last three hours." I mention, rolling my eyes at Seth.

He nudges me in the shoulder, "You have no clue how happy I am to be around a guy for a change." Seth tells Hunter. "I'll go get the car."

Seth runs off, leaving Hunter and I to ourselves. "So tell me about New York, have you found any hot teachers to fall in love with yet?" I know he's just kidding, but he doesn't doesn't know that Shawn is here.

"Actually, yes."

Hunter stops walking and turns to me, "Wait really?"

"Well, it turns out the new school Shawn was going to teach out is NYU." I explain, watching his face turn to shock.

He shakes his head at me, "You're messing with me."

"Nope in fact, he's the teacher for my History class." Suddenly, his features become solemn. "What's wrong?"