02

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚.

𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗞𝗜𝗔𝗥𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗛𝗘𝗥.
The right short black dress hugged her body in ways she didn't want to be hugged.

Her mother sat beside her, making conversation with the waiter as they awaited the arrival of the Cameron family.

Mya had occupied herself as she watched the different colored fish swim around in the tank next to her, occasionally yanking Luna's arm to look at the fishies.

"Hey!" Ward called as the family stepped into the private room, Rose next to him as she walked in, a small flower crown on her head.

Luna had the urge to roll her eyes at the two, but choose not to be disrespectful and to not ruin her mother's night.

She stood on her feet, black velvet heels making her taller as she greeted the couple, Wheezie running to Mya, pulling out the chair next to her.

Rafe had chosen the seat in-front of Luna, enjoying the fact that he was able to annoy the Pogue, or Kook. But he called her traitor, he knew that she was rich as fuck but choose to hang out with trash.

Just when Luna thought the dinner couldn't get worse, it did. In all his glory, Topper. He was an absolute dick to her, well he was a dick to everyone but especially her.

Sarah had sat next to Rafe, Topper sliding out the chair out next to her as he settled in. His lips pulling into a smirk as he watched her clench her jaw as she sat.

The dinner went on casually, conversations amongst one another as Luna sat in silence, twisting the rings around her fingers, picking at the already chipped black nail polish.

Well that was until the attention was placed onto her, "So, Luna. What have you been doing this summer so far?" Rose asked, taking in that she didn't wanna be there.

Before she could answer, Rafe did, "Hanging out with trash." His blue eyes bored into her hazel ones, his brows raised, "Her and those damn Pogues."

"Rafe." Ward warned his son, watching Luna death glare him, basically telling him to start with her again.

"Uh, It's fine. I've just been hanging out with some friends." Luna responded, keeping her eyes fixated on the snobby boy that was sat before her.

"Friends?" Rafe taunted, sitting up in his chair as he pushed the blonde strands out of his face, "Or is it just that they are banging you from some cash. 'Cause you know that's what trash does."

"Rafe, enough." Rose gritted through her teeth, slapping the boy's folded hands.

Luna knew that all he wanted was a reaction from her, and boy did he get one, "Yes, friends. I'm sorry that I refuse to hang around snobby stuck up bitches like you three."

She stood up, grabbing the black suit jacket from the back of her chair, slinging it over her shoulders, "I'm sorry, mother. But I refuse to sit here and place nice with them. Rose, Ward, Wheezie, always a pleasure."

"Bye, Pogue." Rafe mocked as he watched her exit the room, Luna turned on her heel, lifting both of her middle fingers at him as she pushed the door open.

"𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗨𝗬𝗦 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗦𝗛!'' Luna complained loudly to John B as they walked in his front yard, the aftermath of the hurricane being worse than they had thought.

Her hands gripped the heavy tree branch as she tossed it over the boat, leaning forwards to swipe off any access leaves that had fallen off of the branch.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ leaned against the doorway, a fresh beer can in his hand, glancing around at the yard at the damage.

"Yeah, she did." John B said, helping Luna discard the fallen nature around them, JJ stepping down the wooden steps as he made his way towards the friends.

Thunder could be heard in the distance as they sat around, "What you thinkin'?" JJ asked, raising the can to his mouth.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B hummed, standing to face the water not to far away from them.

Luna's brows furrowed, "What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?"

"Nah, they're not gettin' on a ferry." John B looked around at the sky, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "It's God tellin' us to fish."

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
second chapter <333
love you all so much