28

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 - 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜.

𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥 eldest daughter, already making conversation with another real estate agent, Maya glued to her side.

Her face lit up as she recognized the backside of one of her best friends, her heels digging into the grass as she made her way over towards him, "Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves? 'Cause it might mess up my costume."

Pope turned around, expecting to come face to face with an older Kook, the look dropping as he saw Luna, a laugh leaving his lips as he hugged her, "That accent was bad."

She shrugged, pushing her hair off her bare shoulder as she glanced around at the people arriving, "You ever seen this many Kooks in one place?"

"Yeah. Last year. We're in the lion's den." He joined her, his eyes darting from every table to every group standing around with glasses in their hands, "um, thanks."

Luna turned to him, furrowing when brows as she tilted her head slightly to the side, a confused look spreading across her face, "for what?"

"For taking the fall for me. You didn't have to do that and I really fucking appreciate that." His lips upturned, an appreciative smile appearing as he stared at her with hooded eyes, "speaking of which, wheres JJ?"

"Anytime, Pope. It was really nothing, didn't even get a charge. You should thank JJ. He's coming?" Luna ignored the way her stomach twisted as he name left her lips.

Pope shook his head, "not sure."

"He'll be all right. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach." Luna giggled, helping him place down a large bucket off bottled champagne, the urge to stuff one in her dress arising in her, she pushed it down.

"It's all my fault." Pope said in guilt, fixing the tie of his apron that was secured around his waist.

"Uh... You didn't do this, Pope. Topper almost killed you. Remember?" She lowered her brows as she narrowed her eyes at him.

He just nodded, flashing her a tiny smile as she bid goodbye, the night slowly approaching as time flew past.

"Kie! Kie! Kie! Thank fuck you're here." Luna practically tackled the girl, smirking to herself as she checked her out shamelessly, the lavender colored dress had been the same material as hers, the matching flower crown laid on top of her up-do hairstyle.

Kiara did the same, reaching to the table next to her as she placed the baby blue flower crown on Luna's straightened hair, clapping her hands together, "you can't survive without me, huh?"

"Nope." Luna popped the 'p', pouring a bottle of fancy champagne into to two small shot glasses, she lifted one up, handing it to the Pook before her.

Gladly she accepted it, knowing that she needed something to soothe her from ripping all of their stuck up heads off, the liquid slid down their throats with ease.

It tasted expensive, Luna tossed the evidence into the garbage pale beside her as she was dragged to stand next to her mother, her shoulder immediately dropping as she was separated from both of her friends.

"Aw, how cute are we." Rafe sneered, catching the attention of the girl, her face twisted into anger as she glared at him.

Her glare loosened once she took in the color of his suit, the same exact color her dress had been. She had been set up.

"Mom! Are you serious?" Luna whined, ripping off the white flower that laid attached to her wrist as she slammed into the older boys chest.

Her feet carried her to the somewhat of a dance floor, Scarlett had been twisting around as she tugged the brunette to dance with her, politely sue declined, choosing to stand still.

"Well, well, well doesn't my girl look pretty." This voice sent chills down her spine as the family hands came to wrap around her waist, her back going flat against his chest.

"JJ." She gleamed, spinning around so her hands went on against his collarbones, a smile light up her face, she raked her eyes down his body, the suit making him look incredible, "you look so handsome."

"Yeah?" He chucked, his hand going to the back of her head, his fingers tightening around the loose brown strands, "I'm all yours."

"You better get going, you are being hunted down, Maybank." She placed an open-mouth kiss to the bare skin of his neck before slipping out of his grip.

The back patio was basically a ghost town, only a few people outside but mainly sitting at the tables which were located by the doors.

She could make our the silhouette of two people, one in a white dress and the other one in casual clothing- wait...John B?

"JB?" Luna called out, the pair immediately ducking down below as they concluded their conversation, the boy exiting the shadows as he approached her.

He awkwardly smiled, "hey, sis. What's up?"

"What are you doing here? Who is that?" Luna questioned, her eyes remaining on the crouched shadow.

He sighed, "don't get mad, okay? It's Sarah Cameron."

"Sarah Cameron? What the hell are you doing with her, John B?" Her eyebrows pulled together as she fixated her eyes on him, she didn't know if she should be angry or annoyed.

"It's a long story, look can you just, I don't know, cover for me?" John pleaded, folding his ragged hands together as pushed out his bottom lip, giving his relative the puppy eyes.

Luna adjusted the flower crown that had tilted to the side, nodding her head as her tongue swiped across the inside of her mouth, "whatever."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. Gotta run, see you later." He tapped the top of head, messing up the crown that she had just fixed.

She watched as the Kook scurried over to her boyfriends side, his features glowed with hurt as he stared down at her, beginning to overwhelm the girl with questions.

Luna huffed as she stepped around the cobble stoned wall, her heels clicking against the concrete as she neared them, the two both snapping their heads around.

She linked arms with the Cameron, her dimples carving into her cheeks as she beamed, "sorry, Topper. She was talking to me, Scarlett told us she had hidden some vodka or something. Yeah, I couldn't find it though."

Sarah cough on quickly, she had been extremely confused on why she had chosen to defend her, "yeah, it was just us."

"Okay, sure." Topper looked between the two fancied dressed girls, "um, can we talk?"

"I'll leave you two, S, meet me inside when you finish this convo, we still have to catch up some more." Luna unliked their arms, flashing the taller boy a smirk as she swayed her hips, opening the glass door as she allowed herself in.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
there will be a pt 2 don't worry.