14

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙆𝙤𝙤𝙠.

𝗧𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘, 𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗡 the ledge of the wooden deck,
beer bottles clasped in their hands as they conversed.

"All right, let's talk the split." JJ gushed, bringing the alcohol beverage down to rest in between the tiny space between him and Luna, "Now, before we say "evenly," may I remind you that I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us. Protection? Not cheap, okay?"

Pope raised his brows at the blonde, "You haven't trained. You've done zero training."

"YouTube, bro! That's at least a five percent bump right there." JJ whined, leaning his head over to rest on Luna's shoulder, her quietness making him worried.

She smiled, her head resting down on his as she appreciated the comfort, she needed it. Especially after today, her head was still spinning with so many unanswered questions and the only person that could answer them was her mother.

"Any objections? Didn't think so." JJ smirked, his eyes darting from the two before him, Kiara's hand going straight up in the air as an objection, "I don't hear any, so..."

With her hand coming down to rest on JJ's, she grasped it, her fingers playing the multiple rings that laid on his fingers, he hummed, nuzzling into her as he opposite hand came to wrap around her back, resting on her hip bone, she glanced up from his arm draped around her, locking eyes with Pope, "What are you gonna do with your 100 mil, Pope?"

"Pay for college in advance." Pope nodded to himself, "And also, textbooks. Those are expensive."

"What about you, Kie?" Luna asked in pure curiosity, her head tilting to the side as she stared at the brunette.

JJ chuckled against her shoulder, "Yeah, what does a socialist do when she's rich?"

Kie laughed, biting her bottom lip to contain a small smile, "Just wanna make a double album. About OBX, the Pogues. You know, the way Catch a Fire is about Kingston. Record it at Marley Studio, Peter Tosh producing. Peter Tosh is dead. I know.
Spirit of Peter Tosh will never die."

"I know what I'll do." JJ spoke up, bringing the liquid to his mouth as he swallowed it, "I'm gonna get a big ass house on Figure Eight and go full Kook. Gonna get a marble statue of myself, and then I'm gonna get a koi pond. Put a bunch of those fish..."

"I'm never visiting." Luna giggled, running her fingers through her light colored hair, JJ looked up at her from his spot on her, "Yeah? Well what are you gonna do then?"

Her thumb rubbed over the rim of her drink, pulling her eyebrows together in thought, "Um, take care of my sisters future. She deserves it, then maybe buy myself a jet ski."

Kiara beamed at the mention of Maya, her attention flicking to John B who had been completely out of their conversation, "What are you gonna do, JB?"

He picked his head up at his name being spoken, he flicked his eyes between the friends as he lifted the bottle, "To going full Kook."