37

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 - 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙨.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗜𝗣𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗧, lolling her head back as she blew out the smoke clouds, she passed it to Kie as the three girls looked over the poorly drawn map.

"He said it looked 𝙤𝙤𝙞something like this." Kiara dragged her fingertips over the inked lines, slumping down into the reddish chairs.

"That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100-feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go..." Luna trailed off as she traced her eyes around the written directions.

Sarah laughed, "...straight to the gold room."

"Who drew this?" Luna giggled, finishing off the blunt as she adjusted the straps of her maroon tank top.

"Who do you think?" They broke into fits of laughter as they looked up to the boys who had been plotting the rope part of the plan.

"You wanna help?" JJ walked over, leaning into the doorway as he reached a hand out for Luna.

"Sure." She shrugged, tightening her high ponytail as he helped her out of the Twinkie.

Luna stood beside Pope as JJ began to explain their idea, "We get this boat winch out, bring it to the basement, drill into the floor. We lower John B down and get as much as we can. And, uh... this time we don't drop him."

John B flashed an appreciative smile, "That'd be great."

"Lu! This better work." JJ called, gathering the sprawled out tools, "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

Luna had gotten the job of melting the gold bar, in order to make it look like they hadn't found the Royal Merchant they had to just make it look like a pile of melted jewelry.

"It's gonna work." Luna rolled her eyes as she pressed the flame to the top of the precious valuable.

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗘𝗟𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗣 gathered into the van as they drove down the the pawn shop.

Luna stepped out, leaving the door open for her friends to exit as she leaned against it.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein."
JJ snorted, examining the gold bar in his hand as he gripped it.

Luna tilted her head to the side as a scoff left her lips, "Like you could've done better."

JJ raised his brows in challenge, "I could have.
I took a welding class."

"Really? When? You skipped practically every day of school JJ!" She crossed her arms over her chest as she pushed out her lips.

"Chill out, okay?" John B stepped in, breaking up the twos bickering.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ scoffed, eyes never breaking eye contact with the hazel ones, "How did I get this job anyway?"

"'Cause you're the best liar." Luna bumped his shoulder as she opened the door open, JJ following behind her at they walked to the counter.

Sarah, John B, Pope and Kie separated into different spots around the store, making it look like they had just been glancing around at the pawned items.