06

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙎𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙂𝙧𝙪𝙗𝙗𝙨.

"𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟, 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗙𝗨𝗡.'' 𝗝𝗝 𝗚𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗗, 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗛𝗜𝗦 pockets as he beamed, high on euphoria,

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene." Luna said from the drivers seat, slightly annoyed that she had been put on driving duty, sunglasses adorned her face as she got comfortable on the cushioned seat.

Pope glanced over at JJ, "Did you guys find anything?"

"Did we find anything? No, I don't think so." JJ sneered, taking his hands out of his pockets, a stack of money in one hand and a gun in the other, "Oh, yeah, we did."

The look on Pope's face had been priceless, like a baby who just lost all of their candy, his mouth open as he looked between the two valuable items that he had stolen, "What the hell? Why take that from a crime scene? I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship."

JJ cut off his ranting, placing the tip of the gun to his lips as he shushed him, "Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh. sh, sh. At least you have us, right?"

He pushed him off, rolling his eyes, "I'm living the nightmare."

Luna and Kie walked hand in hand, making their way towards the crowd of people on the deck, a woman cried out as she seen the deceased body of her loved one, the Pogues had chills down their bodies as they stared at the scene. Luna's small lunch was begging to leave her mouth, slightly gagging at the dead body.

John B sat next to Peeter, her blonde hair slick back into a ponytail as she smiled happily at the approaching friends, JB glanced away from the pair, his head turning towards the girl beside him, "Who's that?"

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." She replied, pulling her phone out, the screen lighting up his face, "Check out this pic I got. Dead body."

Luna made a sour face, she had known the Grubbs family, her mother had befriended Lana after helping her with home renovations, "Holy shit."

"What kind of boat did he have?" John B asked casually.

Peeler rolled her eyes, "Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it."

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔'𝗦 𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗘 𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗗 𝗨𝗣 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡, 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗔𝗜𝗟 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 mouth as she attempted to calm her wave of nerves. They had relocated back to the Chateau, silence filled the screened room.

Pope was the first one to break the quietness, "Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

JJ nodded his head in agreement, leaning against the wooden post, "Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie sighed, resting her chin on her folded hands.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ remarked, his blue eyes glaring harshly at the girl.

Kie ignored him, "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma."

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too." Luna added, her lips forming into a line as her fingertips pressed on her temples, a headache forming.

"We gotta go dark." Pope swallowed, running a hand over his dark small curls, the corners of his lips pointing downwards.

"This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about." John B implied, his hands coming down to his sides as he furrowed his brows, "Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'."

He looked between his friends, watching their faces as they went deep into thought, his main attention on Pope who looked extremely out of it, "All right, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?"

Pope stayed silent, Luna raised her hand as she sat beside the boy, "Prostitution."

"They were straight smugglin'. Smugglin'." JJ specified. The evidence was clear, Scooter was a low-life junkie, so how the hell does he suddenly own a Grady-White?

Luna stood on her own two feet, trailing slowly in a line as she thought of a plan in her scrambled up brain, "All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal. And how exactly do we do that?"

Kie leaned comfortably against the cushions, she raised her eyebrows, a smile smiles spreading across his lips, "Kegger?"

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
i'm obsessed with this story yall !!!!
hope you all enjoyed ;)