42

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗡 𝗕'𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗕𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 himself, it had been the crack of dawn and she was being dragged into the car by him.

"John B? What is going on?" Luna asked sleepily as she slumped into the passenger seat, rubbing her eyes gently as she yawned.

"Ward killed our father." He placed a foot on the gas as he sped forwards, his heart beating out of his chest as he drove to the Grubbs residence.

Luna jolted awake at his words, the sleep that she craved disappeared from her body as she stared at him wide-eyed, "what?"

"We need to go see, Lana, she is our only option." He told her as they pulled up to her broken down home, the car parking lopsided as he pushed his door open.

The brunette following closely behind her brother as they stormed in. The older woman seemed to already be waiting for the two as she sat on her couch, hands folded on her lap as she glanced up at them.

"What happened?" Luna asked, tucking her light strands behind her ear as she swallowed nervously.

"We need to know." John B sniffled as he stood by her broken picture frames.

"The night your father disappeared..." Lana trailed off, "I came home early from work to find Scooter talking to Ward."

After she finished explaining the pair had tears pent up in their eyes as Luna hugged JB's side, resting her temple against his forearm as she let her eyes close.

"So, he stole my father's map...then he tossed his body into the sea?" John B repeated, more angry then upset.

She nodded, "He sunk your father's boat where no one would ever find it. And they began to look for the gold every day for nine months. When Agatha built up, there was only one place they hadn't looked. So Ward sent my husband out into that storm. I begged him not to go, but he said that Ward was worried the storm would wash everything away. But Scooter did find somethin' out there. Not what he expected. He wasn't dead when Ward dumped him. He made it to shore."

"Oh, my, God." Luna cried out, a hand covering her mouth as tears ran down her cheeks.

"And the last thing he ever did...was for you two. I am so sorry, Luna, John B. I should have told you a long time ago. But you can't say anything. He's dangerous. He's capable of anything." Lana warned as she wiped her own fallen tears.

John B was more then angry, betrayal running through his veins as he ran his hands through his brown locks, cursing loudly as he shoved open her screen door.

"I don't care!" Was the last thing he said as he scurried to the car, Luna running to the passenger seat as she followed her brothers lead.

They sped down the coast of Outer Banks as they drove to the chateau, John B completely ignoring the speed limit as he gripped the steering wheel.

He slammed the door shot as he as pushed pass the group of Pogues that had been waiting for their return.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ joked, "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

The brunette boy blew them off as he shoved his way through them. He threw open draws and doors as he searched for something.

"What are you looking for?" Kie asked as she leaned in the doorway, watching him wreck his own room as he frantically looked.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ blurted, eyes going wide as he saw John B yank the gun from his backpack, "John B, what do you need the gun for?"

Ignoring them once more he stepped outside, throwing the gun to Luna, she caught it as she leaned against the front of the Twinkie.

"What are you two plotting? Hello?" Pope flicked his eyes between the pair of troubled siblings.

John B popped open the drivers seat door as he signaled for Luna to hand him the gun, she gave it to him with no fight, sliding into the passenger seat as she stayed silent.

The three Pogues walked up to the window in confusion as they were completely lost on the situation.

"Ward knows about the gold." JB finally informed them, "He killed my dad. Paybacks a bitch."

:)
hi !
missed u
thank u sm for 14k reads.