60

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬.
𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘, 𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗬 𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘 her and the older boy lying on the hard floor beneath them.

Expecting for Pope to walk away, instead he had went back for more. Punching him consistently, the anger pouring out of him.

"Pope." Luna whimpered, forcing herself to look away from the scene, "Pope, that's good! Stop."

JJ ran over to them, grabbing at Pope's flinging arms to try and contain him, Kie kicking Barry harshly as she freed herself.

"Snap out of it, man. Snap out of it, dude!" JJ huffed, yanking him backwards.

Pope didn't stop, the voices begging for him to walk away blurring in his ears. His fist collided with his face multiple times, enjoying the way the crimson blood poured out of his mouth.

Rafe groaned in pain, his mouth filled with the penny taste, his jaw becoming numb.

"Pope! Get off!" Kie pleaded, her voice breaking as she begged him.

All he saw was red, Rafe Cameron had ruined his life, he was the reason John B was now a "criminal". This was only the start of his revenge.

"Let go! Come on!" Luna shouted, pulling his collar up roughly.

Everything seemed to play in slow motion, the amount of rage he had been feeling took over his body.

JJ had finally pushed him off, his eyes widening in horror as he stared at the boy.

"Look at me!" Kie cried out, cupping his cheeks as he stilled in shock.

"Shit. Oh, shit." Luna mumbled, holding a hand over her parted lips as she glanced down at the bloody boy curled up by her feet.

"It's okay." The curly haired girl cooed, rubbing her thumb along his cheek bone, "Okay, we gotta go. We gotta go."

Pope pushed the injured boy one last time before leaving, "Stay off the cut."

Luna hurried to the truck, starting it quickly as JJ loaded up the boat necessities. Pope silencing himself as he shut the door with a slam, slipping into a state of shock.

"Pope." The brunette turned to him, her lips curling into a worried smile, "thank you for saving my ass back there."

He grinned slightly, flicking his dark eyes between hers, "I'll always look out for you."

"Don't get all emotional on me now, Pope." Luna laughed, being unable to control the glint of happiness beaming off of her.

Pope Heyward was a true friend, he was willing to take any risk for them. They all knew it, they didn't take advantage of his admirable loyalty towards them. He was the best thing Luna had.

Thunder rumbled loudly, the storm was brewing rapidly, the night slowly approaching. If they wanted to save John B they had to work quickly and silently.

JJ slid into the passenger seat, Kie joining Pope in the back. The car was quieter than normal, occasional conversations as Luna sped to the chateau.

A pit of fear grew in her stomach, the only thing being on her mind was her brother. John B was practically the only other family she had left. Nora had treated her eldest daughter like complete shit. Maya was to young to realize any of it.

But things were only going to get worse from here.

:)
short chapter!