18

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙍𝙊𝙑.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗕𝗢𝗪𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗠 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 wooden ledge, her eyes occasionally drifting to the two in the water, smiling to herself as they splashed each other.

Pope had been beside her, fumbling with the the bright screen, pushing the lever to make the tiny mechanical object move around.

JJ stood behind the pair, asking the Pogue questions about the item that they had stolen, his fingers reaching forward to grasp a part of it, "What's this?"

"Don't touch that." Pope responded quickly, ushering his hand away as he stayed fairly focused, "I'm trying to work out this thing."

"What would we do without you to control the drones?" Luna patted his back, her word choice clearly bothering him as he shrugged her off.

"It's not a drone. It's an ROV." He corrected, rolling his eyes at the girl beside him.

"Shut up. Shut up." JJ waved his hand around, "It's too early for that right now."

Luna cut the boys off before they could bicker some more, "Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

JJ nearly whined, shaking his head, "It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?"

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope explained shortly.

Basically they had everything they needed at this point. The location of the wreck, the ROV, and a bunch of loud teenagers on a search. Now they just needed the gold.

"I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." JJ sighed, running a hand along his forehead as he peered over at water below them.

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B said from the water, swimming up closer to the dock as he floated.

Kie nodded in agreement, "Yeah, that's fair."

"This tether is, like, really long." Luna informed the friends, her pointer finger running over the lengthy yellow wire, "In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around."

JB laid his head back against the coldness of the surrounding waters, his brown eyes tracing all over the dark grey clouds above them, "Then we'll go at dead calm."

"At slack tide?" Luna furrowed her brows as she stared down at her sibling, "So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather."

JJ rested his arm on the girls shoulder, he glanced out of the deck posts, thunder rumbling loudly in the distance, "And today is not that day."

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗥𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗙𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 as the wind gusts picked up, she has offered to help deliver the groceries to Figure 8, helping the boys which gladly took the extra set of hands.

The bell rang as she opened the door to the country club, people walked around in nice clothing as they gathered their equipment, clubs tucked away neatly in their carrier, she set down the set of bags on the marble counter tops.

"Thank you, Luna. I thought we would never see you again." The woman at the front desk smiled, taking the bags from her as she set them on a pick up table in the corner. Her name was Rosie, she had been fairly familiar with the older woman due to the fact that the teen was dragged her every weekend because of her mother.

She smiled sweetly, "Anytime, Rosie. Have a good one!"

The sand beneath her crumbled as she walked, her eyes lifting up as she came in contact with a hard frame, "Rafe?"

"Luna." He said sternly, his eyes traveling down her body, them especially wondering on the tops of her thighs that were uncovered.

"Had a great time, thanks for locking me in your bathroom for a day. Really thoughtful of you." She fake smiled, her hands covering her bare tan skin as she got uncomfortable with his lingering stare.

He hummed, "Anytime, babe."

She could vomit at him, Topper came running at the two, his face paler than usual as he approached, his golf club tightly clutched in his hand, "Rafe, man."

"His head, it's like bleeding bad bro." Topper rushed, not even noticing the girl standing before him, his chest rising up and down with panic.

"Bro, chill. He's fine, it's just a little scratch. Nothing a Pogue can't handle." The words left his mouth like venom, Luna narrowed her eyes the boy, knowing the only two other Pogues here were her friends.

"What Pogue, Rafe?" She tilted her head to the side, her feet planting into the hot sand beneath her.

Rafe flashed her a smirk, lifting up the end of his golf club. Blood covered the end of it, "You should go check on your boy, Pope."

As soon as he said the name she took off, her ponytail swaying from side to side as she ran, her entire face softening as the teen laid there on the ground, holding his hand to his forehead.

She bent down, wrapping off the bandana that held back her baby hairs. she placed it to the wound, cursing out the two boys, "Pope, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"M'fine." He responded, mouthing a 'thank you' as she helped him to his feet, his arm wrapped around her shoulders as they walked, her one arm on his back as the other carried the bags he had to deliver.

Their boat came into view as it was parked, "Don't move. Let me take care of these."

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
<3