22

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 - 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝.

𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗥𝗔𝗙𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗥, 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 lost her appetite, JJ didn't even have a plate since he sort of just showed up.

But even if he did, he wouldn't have eaten, his hand still connected with hers as he rubbed his thumb back and forth on it, sensing her tension with the boys in front of her.

"Wheres all your little friend, L." Rafe taunted, playing with the butter knife as he stared forward at her, "I see one of the lowlifes."

JJ laughed, scratching the back of his head as his grip on the small hand in his tightened, containing his anger towards the Kook. He wanted to rip that smug smirk off of him.

"You are such a fan, Rafe. Always in my business, it's really kind of you. There actually out, doing stuff that you can't relate too." Luna fake smiled, shooting dangers at the boy before her, hand gripping both JJ's hand and the small bladed knife.

He chuckled, "yeah because I'm not a Pogue, baby."

JJ swiped his tongue on the inside of his cheek, tensing up at the pet name Rafe had called her, shifting uncomfortably in his seat as he struggled to keep his mouth shut.

"In your dreams. And it's not because you aren't a Pogue, it's because you are a psychopathic drug addict." She shot back, raising her brows as she tilted her head to the side, encouraging for him to make a snappy remark.

His jaw clenched, "shut those pretty lips before you regret it."

"Oh, yeah? Whatcha you gonna do? Hit me." She pushed out her button lip, staring at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Enough, Luna." Nora warned from the end of the table, shooting her daughter a glare.

"You're being a real bitch." Rafe hissed, the words leaving his mouth like venom.

Before Luna could reply, JJ did for her, his anger filling to the brink as he listened to the boy insult his girl.

"Watch your mouth when you speak to her. Hear me?" JJ puffed out his chest as he spoke in a casual tone, anger laced in his voice as he stared at the blonde ahead of him.

Nora stood, her hands hitting the table, "Enough! JJ go. Out."

Quickly JJ stood to his feet, knowing that he would've ripped Rafe's head off in just a couple of seconds, Luna was quick to stand up, following him as they slammed the double doors behind them.

The driver door to the baby pink Mercedes was ripped open as Luna slid in, the blonde joining her in the passenger seat as she reversed out of her drive way.

Well dealing with her mother was going to be a bitch. Again.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗜𝗥 𝗖𝗨𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗨𝗣 𝗜𝗡 the backseat of the expensive vehicle, sleeping off their annoyance.

Luna's body jolted every time JJ had shot another beer bottle, her sitting down on a tree trunk as she watched him intently. Was shooting objects supposed to be a turn on?

"JJ! JJ! Lu!" Pope ran towards them, his face filled with fear as he approached the two, "They know."

Her heart dropped as the words left his lips, her immediately walking over to his side to comfort him, JJ snapping his head to him as he dropped the gun to his side.

"All right, chill, bro. All right? They don't know shit." JJ insisted, attempting to calm his fright, which didn't help at all.

Maybe he did know? They really hadn't thought this through, not one bit. They had cameras, the residence. Well shit.

"How do you know they know?" Luna asked, her top teeth sinking into her bottom lip as she stared at him.

"Because Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me." His eyes were wide, breathing uneasy as he ranted.

JJ shook his head, "Will you calm down and get a grip, man? They don't know shit."

"They have cameras. They could've seen me."
Pope protested, his voice high as he nearly teared up.

"There was no power. How could they have seen you?" JJ bickered back, the black gun still clutched in his hand as he flicked his eyes between the brown ones ahead of him.

Luna parted her lips, perks of being a Kook she knew everything about that side of the island, "It's Figure Eight. They got generators."

Both boys looked at her, JJ giving a her a look signaling for her to keep quiet, Pope just staring at her as all hope drifted from his body.

"They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats. It's not a good look on my transcript."

He was fully right with that. Being a Pogue came with fighting to keep your record clean, but if you were a Kook, they practically were blind when it came to their records. Money was quite a powerful thing.

"Enough with the regret, bro! They caved your face in. They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle.
Now, if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look 'em right in the eye, and..." JJ trailed off, waiting for the boy to finish his sentence.

"Deny the living shit out of it."

"That's right. Deny, deny, deny. But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." The blonde gestured down to the stolen weapon gripped tightly in his hand, pointing it upwards as he flashed it around.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
sorry this is so shorttt