41

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙪𝙗.

𝗠𝗔𝗬𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦, 𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 home as she sent her eldest daughter off.

Luna, Pope and Kie had wondered into the woods as they walked to the Chateau, they stopped once they heard the splashing of water.

"Who the hell is that?" The brunette girls said in sync as they glanced around at each other, venturing off closer to the house as they followed the noise.

Luna's heart stopped as her eyes fell on the hot tub, the blonde boy resting his back on the wall of the tub as a pair of glasses shielded his eyes.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asked in shock as he ran his eyes all over the expensive scenery.

JJ flashed them a sweet smile, "I got a jet going straight in my butt right now. Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?"

"How much did this cost?" The Pogue raised his brows, standing frozen still as he shook his head slowly.

"Uh..." JJ trailed off as he glanced around at the tub, "Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery... pretty much all of it, yeah."

"All of it?" He asked in disbelief, "You spent all the money in one day?"

The wet haired teen nodded with a lopsided grin, "Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket.
But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this!
Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me. Luna, what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life? Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'...
I mean, like... guys, we... You only live once, right?
Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on."

Luna parted her lips as her eyes burned, "In the what?"

He chucked, "In the Cat's Ass. That's what I named her. Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot." 

The lights around the heated tub were flicked on, a disco ball falling down as it shone down on the waters, "Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode.
That's right, baby!"

"Are you kidding me?" Pope scolded, "You could have paid for restitution!"

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kie added, siding with Pope.

Pope continued with his angry rant, "You could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!"

"Okay, well, you know what? I didn't do that!" JJ yelled, ripping off his glasses as he stood, deep dark bruises covering his stomach as he revealed his body, "I got a hot tub! For my friends. I got a hot tub for my friends. You know what? No, you know what? Screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family!"

A salty tear slipped down Luna's cheek as she ran her eyes over each bruise, her lips parting as she made eye contact with JJ.

"No, you stop being emotional. It's fine, okay?" He insisted, his own voice breaking as he teared up.

Luna didn't let him continue as she hopped on top of the hot tub ledge, letting her bare legs get soaked as she stepped in, wrapping her arms around him as they both sobbed.

He didn't hesitate to hug her back, beginning to sob as he held her close to him, the warm scent bringing him the comfort he needed, "I just couldn't do it.
I can't take him anymore! I was gonna kill him.
I just wanna do the right thing."

She rubbed his soaked strands as she kissed his jaw gently, "I know, JJ. I've got you."

Pope and Kiara were quick to jump into their hug, the four Pogues standing in the overly decorated tub as they all began to cry, holding one another as they sobbed.

And at this moment they weren't friends. They were family.

:(
sad face bc this chapter is sad