58

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙞 '𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚.

𝗟𝗨𝗞𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗬𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗢𝗡 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔'𝗦 𝗛𝗜𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗬 were children, she hated the man with every part of her.

The house had been left untouched, breaking down on the outside while the inside held it's haunting stories.

JJ sighed softly, "Home sweet home."

"Do you want me to come? 'Cause I'll come." Luna offered, her stomach whirling at the thought of him being alone with his father.

"No. This will only take a second." He gave a half-smile in appreciation of her concern.

He opened the car door, tugging on his backpack strap as he approached his home, his breath faltering as he walked the halls in search for his father.

"You really care about him, huh?" Kie asked, scooting to the edge of her seat.

"Of course I do. He means the world to me, Kie." Luna shrugged, not seeming to take her eyes off the house as she waited for the blondes returned.

The brunette grinned sheepishly at her, "you also have the biggest crush ever."

Nobody had known about their confessions to each other, deciding on keeping it between themselves. It didn't matter, it had been obvious to anyone who glanced their way.

"Shut up." She laughed, pushing the girl backwards softly as she blushed in embarrassment.

"You're blushing!" Kie yelped, smiling like a child.

The two zipped their lips as JJ approached the parked truck, he had gotten in the vehicle without a word.

His eyes were teary and red, occasionally sniffling as he lifted his fingers, revealing the stolen key held on a necklace.

"You okay?" Luna pulled him in, cradling his head gently as he sniffled.

"I'm good." He smiled against her shoulder, placing a chaste kiss on it before pulling away, bringing his thumb under his eye to wipe the fallen tears away.

Time was limited, more officers and patrols had been coming in practically every hour. If they wanted to save John B they had to do it quick and quiet.

She reversed out of his front yard, hitting trash cans over in the process, not bothering to fix them as she sped onto the street.

Silence filled the truck, nobody really knowing how to soothe the hectic time with words.

JJ flicked his eyes over the brunette gripping the steering wheel, studying her side profile as she chewed into her bottom lip, "It'll be fine. It'll be fine with the Phantom. She'll get out quick."

His reassuring didn't seem to comfort her, only making her more anxious as she drove. She parted his lips to respond but quickly shut them as flashing lights lit up their faces.

They kept their heads low as they cops sped past them, the sirens blaring loudly throughout the air.

"They're still looking. It's a good sign." Kie breathed out, glancing back at the police cars behind them.

"Let's hope so." Luna mumbled, putting an immense amount of pressure on the gas, the truck flying forwards.

:)
small chapters coming
ur way :((( sorry!!!!
btw i released the intro
chapter to my pope book!!