44

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣.

𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗥𝗔𝗡 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔'𝗦 𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗠𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 blue ones she had grown to adore.
She awkwardly shifted her feet as she had felt small due to his lingering stare.

"Hey, uh, Luna." JJ greeted, lips parting as he broke their uncomfortable eye contact, "what are you, um, doing here?"

"Could ask you the same thing." Luna breathed out a laugh as Kie and Pope rounded the corner, their faces lighting up in relief as they had seen her.

"Oh, thank God." Kiara practically knocked her over as she tackled her in a hug.

Luna chuckled as she hugged her back, "Kie. What happened?"

"We were actually looking for John B and, well you. But I seen Ward and he looks pretty alive to me." Pope shrugged.

She nodded, "John B had told Sarah about the whole Ward killing our dad thing. Obviously she didn't take it well and slammed the door in his face. He's fine, ran off maybe ten minutes ago to cool down."

"As long as he didn't shoot anybody, we're good." Kie laughed, tucking the fallen strands behind her ears.

JJ hadn't said anything, well directing anything towards Luna. In the past day all they had said was maybe four or five sentences to another. I guess confessing your love to one of your best friends isn't the greatest idea, especially dropping it when your in the middle of a extreme mid life crisis.

"Uh... Okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay?" Pope rushed, nerves practically jumping off of him as he urged to leave the residence, "Plus, I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours."

"Yeah, well, our friend is in trouble." JJ narrowed his eyes at the boy, following behind him as he hurried to the HMS Pogue.

Pope sighed, climbing aboard the boat as he started the engine of it, "I'm in trouble. Guys, I haven't been home in three days. My dad's probably put all my shit on the street by now."

Kiara stood beside him, staring at him dumbfounded, "Okay, so that's it? In a time of need, you're just gonna bail? You're just gonna walk away?"

"Guys, c'mon." Luna pleaded with the pair, the tension between them rising as Kie stepped closer to him.

"Hey, I have a scholarship interview in the morning." Pope switched the subject back to his interview.

Kie rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest as she furrowed her brows, "Okay, well, what about John B?"

"Why is it always about John B?" Pope shot back, brows pulling together in anger as he glared at her.

She parted her lips in disbelief, a scoff getting caught in her throat, "It's not always about John B. It would be any of you in this situation."

"Oh, bullshit!" He fumed, his voice getting louder as they conversation continued.

Luna glanced between the fighting friends to the dim light of the Cameron's house, her stomach whirled with slight fear of Ward coming out and seeing them.

"Bring it down." JJ chimed in, sitting on the cushioned seats as he watched the two spit insults at another.

"Look, this is about Pogues for life." Kie grumbled, tugging at her curled roots as her blood began to rise.

He scrunched his face up in frustration, "What about forensic pathology, huh? It's my life. Everything I've worked for. Stop the moral high ground bullshit?"

"Pope, come on. No." JJ jumped in again, knowing exactly where this argument was going.

Pope ignored his warnings as he continued his rant, "No, no. She has no room to talk. Where were you when Big John went missing? You weren't there.
You weren't there for John B. You weren't there for any of us. Remember your Kook year?"

Luna gasped, "Pope, hey, no. That's just fucked up, bro."

"Give me a break." Kie shoved at his chest, her brown eyes softening at the realization.

Pope had just gotten more angrier as they two were chest to chest, the boy's face had furry written all over it as he clenched his jaw.

"Hey! Yo, yo, yo, cut it out, all right?" JJ had flew over to them, pushing himself in the middle as he had separated the two, "If I'm the one mediating, we've hit rock bottom. Bow, now. Pope, I'll drop you off."

The drive to Pope's was completely silent, the aggravated teen hoping off of the boat with no words as they parked at his dock, Kie had been in her cloud of thoughts, flashing the pair a small sad smile before climbing off the boat.

Now it was just Luna and JJ. Now they had no choice but to speak on the visible tension between them.

:)
NEXT CHAPTER.
i am already crying 🤗