47

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨 = 𝙥𝙤𝙥𝙚.

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 succeeded in stealing all of the gold from the well, the Pogues were incredibly disappointed.

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asked, tucking her knuckles beneath her chin for support, a look of sadness painting over her face.

John B nodded, "Every bar. The whole enchilada." The boy stood, grunting loudly as he slammed his casted arm into the wooden post, "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

Luna cringed, a small gasp of worry escaping her lips as she watched her brother angrily slam his injured arm, "John B."

"What, Lu? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" He scoffed, walking up to her as he waved it around, "It's fine. See?"

"Your arm's gonna be messed up for life. Stop-" Luna began to scold her brothers stupid behavior before she was interrupted by Pope.

His suit had been messed up, the tie slightly crooked, droplets of sweat dripping down his forehead as he gripped his knees, "Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

JJ furrowed his brows as he raked his eyes down the boys appearance, "You all right? How was the interview, Pope?"

"Don't ask." Pope shoved the subject aside as he panted, "JB... Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

John B shrugged it off, flashing him a small smile of appreciation, "It's fine."

"But... but I don't have a lot of time, and... and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, "Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?""

"Gold." Luna's eyes widened, "I knew it. My mother rushed to be there, said she needed to help out your dad or something."

"Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go." Pope informed them, still catching his breathe.

All heads turned to John B as he sat there and took everything in, his large palm cradling the side of his cheek as his lips upturned into the smallest smirk.

"What's the plan, big man?"

"We're gonna steal that shit back." He smiled, the friends bursting into loud cheers as they hugged, rushing to the Twinkie.

Luna had sat back against the cushioned seats, JJ taking the empty seat next to her as he watched her sharpen the blade of her stolen knife.

"What are you doing with that?" He asked, his curiosity seeming to get the best of him as he glanced at her precise movements.

"Just for protection." She shrugged, continuing her delicate sharpening to the blade. Ward Cameron had always been three steps in front of everyone, Luna Summers had always been four steps in front of everyone.

:)
small chapter...