51

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨, 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨.

𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗪 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔 fresh new start. John B had been accused of a murder, and there was no possible way that they would be able to convince the police otherwise.

"Good news for residents of Outer Banks. Dominion Power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of the area...
should be functional within 24 hours. And still, no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin. The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, - a juvenile from..." The radios dragged on, Luna leaning forwards to click it off.

Loud sirens passed the parked car, John B quickly elevating his seat backwards, his heart thumping through his chest as he released a breath.

"Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but..." Luna trailed off, picking at her finger nail beds as she laid against JJ's beating chest, ignoring the strange looks her brother had been shooting her way, "who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?"

JJ let his arms wrap securely around her bare waist, his head falling into the crook of her neck as he breathed out, the air sending tingles down her body, "So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused... is John B, who is... pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment."

"Thanks." He mumbled, rolling his eyes as he glanced out the window.

"Okay, man." JJ sighed, turning his head to look at the teen, "Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?"

JB was quick to shake his head, making the blonde pout slightly, "Enough with the Mexico bullshit.
Sarah will bail me out."

"She did witness the whole thing." Luna mumbled, tucking back the loose strands of dark brunette hair that JJ had pushed back into her face.

"Thank you." John B exclaimed, placing his hands behind his head for support as he continued to warily glance around at his surroundings.

Luna sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, having her doubts on Sarah, the Kook was no where in sight, not her nor her family. She turned to glance at her brother, "And she's gonna snitch on her brother?"

"Not happening, bro. Okay?" JJ put forth, "We've gotta get you off the island."

"The ferry." Pope blurted, turning his head over at the three in the back, "It's the only way."

Luna nodded in agreement with Pope, sighing lowly as she moved her body up, ignoring JJ's whines at the loose of skin on skin contact, "Exit stage left while you still can. Before the entire island is on lockdown."

:)
shorter chapters
as we get closer to the
end.
but that means more frequent
updates !!