27

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 - 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝙢𝙞𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧, 𝙢𝙞𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙡.

𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗘𝗗, 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 recognize the girl displayed in front of her.

The shower running in the back ground as the mirror fogged up, the heat engulfing the girls bare body as she stepped under the stream.

Honey scented shampoo was seeping into her scalp as she used her nails to kneed it in, stepping under the water once more it washed out, the bubbles dripping down her back as it hit the floor, finishing off with the same scented conditioner, washing her body as she let the soap sit for a few minutes.

Luna turned the knob after she finished her twenty minute shower, usually she aims for an hour but due to the circumstances she showed in silence, her thoughts keeping her company.

Wrapping a towel around her body, she dried off, bringing the brush to her damp hair as she ridded of the knots.

In three hours she would be surrounded by people she despised, faking a smile as she greeted them. Sounds so exciting.

She dropped towel to the floor as she placed on the matching white undergarments, easily slipping the silk onto her body as she adjusted the light colored straps. She looked beautiful, some would say.

Bright lights lit up her face as she flicked them on, sitting up in the fuzzy chair as she glanced over her messy vanity, makeup brushes and stains covered the top of it, she shrugged.

The half-dried beauty sponge hit her face as she blended the concealer that laid under her eyes, covering up the lack of sleep. She wasn't a pro at making her face look presentable, most days it was just clear mascara. But today wasn't one of those days, every one would call you out to if they noticed your lack of effort. Frankly Luna couldn't give two shits about what these old people had thought, but it was her mother that would ring her neck if they made any comment about her appearance.

The dark eye bags were now gone, well still there but covered up. Her cheeks had already been a shade of light red, the sunburn being her own form of blush. Her nose glowed as she applied the champagne colored highlighter, adding some in the corners of her eyes. She decided on not wearing the heavy flash lashes, instead adding on a coat of mascara.

Her eyes flicked to the door as it opened, Nora walking in, a deep burgundy dress complimented her tone. Her hand clutched a black velvet box, her lips upturning as she stood behind her daughter.

The box top flipped open as she pulled out the silver necklace, moving her drying hair to one side of her shoulder as she laid it on her collarbone.

𝙇𝙐𝙉𝘼𝙅𝘼𝙔

Her name was in silver diamonds, a gasp leaving her glossed lips as her eyes studied the piece of jewelry, her fingertips fiddling with it.

"Your father scrapped up every penny he had for this. He would've loved to see it on you." Nora rubbed her daughters shoulders as she sniffled, fixing the deep v-neck cut in her gown.

Luna tilted her head as she stared at the engraved plate, eyes beginning to tear up in the slightest bit at the memory of her father, "thanks, mom."

Nora nodded, placing a hand on the door knob before she paused, glancing over her shoulder to look at the teen, "I'm sorry, Lu. For everything, keeping the whole dad secret wasn't the right thing for me to do. I just wanna protect you from this life he had. He's most likely dead and I don't want you to face the same fate. He cared about you, and John B."

"I understand." She swallowed, eyes flicking towards the woman, "but this is my life and I have to make choices that will benefit me. I'm alive. And we aren't doing anything reckless I promise."

"Okay. Be ready in ten." The older girl smiled, the wrinkles in her forehead being prominent as she closed the door.

Slipping on the silver rings and a dangly bracelet that matched the glitter in her earrings she had been ready, glancing at herself in the mirror as she buckled the holographic straps of her tall heels. 

Maya had been dressed in a puffy black dress, the lines in it matching Nora's dress, she had been in flats, no seven year old should be wearing heels according to the girl herself. Even if she tried on every pair Luna owned.

"Here goes nothing." Luna mumbled to herself, hands gripping the door handle as she hauled it open, strapping in her seatbelt as she had shut the door.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
here comes noras character
development...