33

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬- 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙬.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗣 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥 window as they drove, passing tress and small run down houses.

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall." Pope glanced up from the map, "Okay, so the road should split up here."

Her eyes studied the map, one of Luna's many talents had been being able to read maps and old scripts, "All right. You're gonna take a left."

John B stopped the car as they parked at the end of a stone wall, it looking identical to the map.

"That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ slid open the doors, letting his friends out before he shut them, JB sliding out of the drivers seat as they approached the wall.

"Not the Crain house." Luna cringed, she didn't believe the stories of this house but that didn't lessen the fact that the home creeped her out.

They walked up to the house, pushing the overgrown branches out of their faces, keeping a close eyes on their surroundings.

"Look, you guys know whose house this is, right?" Kie teased, pushing a large fallen branch of her way, the leaves crunching underneath her feet.

"Yes, the stories are so made-up." Luna laughed, catching the attention of the blonde boy as he walked a few feet behind her.

JJ was at her side in a near second, "Which stories did you hear?"

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full... you can see her in the window!" She spun around, waving her hands in his face before facing forward again, giggling like a child.

"No, it's not funny, 'cause it's all true." JJ insisted, "I swear to God, guys, this is all real. I knew Hollis. Jeez!"

"Wait, you knew Hollis Crain?" Luna and Pope said in sync, sending the boy a confused look as they neared the house, "Dude, how do you know Hollis Crain?"

"She was my babysitter, man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth... about her mother and what happened in this house. So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and... she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it.
Until that night." JJ ranted, turning over his shoulder to look at Pope.

"What night?" Luna whispered, eyes trailing over the broken pieces of stone that surrounded the house.

JJ took a deep breathe before continuing, "It all came back to her. When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink... full of blood. Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlor constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her father's head, looking straight back at her."

Luna fake gasped, pressing a hand to her heart, "God, you are so full of shit."

"Luna, I swear!"

"Did she call the police?" She asked, the home was now front and center as they passed all of the overgrown nature.

"She didn't have time." JJ whined, stopping as they all stared up at the large house, chills going down his spine, he spun to face John B, pushing him back, "You sure you wanna do this? She's an axe murderer. You got a cast on."