59

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥.

𝗝𝗝 𝗠𝗔𝗬𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘 𝗔𝗪𝗘 𝗢𝗙 his father's boat. His blue eyes trailing over every detailing.

"There she be." JJ breathed out, reaching his hand out to tug off the small tarp, "Hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1."

"The Phantom." Luna smiled, bringing her fingertips over the shiny hull as deja vu struck her.

John B, JJ, and Luna would dream of taking this boat out on the coast as children, seeming to drool over it every time they would talk about the boat.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, Kie. Forty years old! Forty. And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen." JJ boasted.

Kie was clearly unimpressed, cocking a brow at the blonde, "It's kind of a junker."

"Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you." JJ side-eyed the boat beside, quickly jumping to defend the vehicle, "Let's just put it this way. You would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

The curly haired girl hummed, moving to stand on the other side of the boats engine, "I just hope it runs."

"Oh, no, she'll run all right." Luna laughed, throwing the keys towards JJ.

"She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." JJ smiled, examining the boats engine as he started it up.

The rumbling of a motorcycle approaching had made the three sigh out of relief, Luna hurrying to the other side of the boat in search for the boy, "Pope. Finally."

"Hey, there." Rafe greeted, grinning as he watched her body stiff uncomfortably.

Luna wanted to jump at him, punch and kick him till he couldn't get up. She was frozen, "what the hell are you doing here."

Barry came around opposite side, catching JJ by surprised as he cocked the gun back, smiling sinisterly at the boy, "See, don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. I'm here because I want my motherfuckin' money."

He went straight at JJ, throwing him down to the ground as he kept the gun beside him.

Luna yelped as she watched his body being thrown to the floor, without thinking she ran for him, quickly being restricted by Rafe as he pulled her back.

" JJ! JJ!" Kie screamed, a whimper leaving her mouth as the gun was now pointed at her.

She was forced to her knees, feeling helpless as she couldn't help her friends. She didn't dare to move, staring right into the front of the gun.

"Rafe! Get off me." Luna threw her body back, freeing herself from his grip as she spun to face him.

"It's not you we want, Lu." Rafe bellowed, "Where's John B?"

Without thinking she lifted her hand to his cheek, a tingle numbing her hand as it left a red mark on his pale skin, his head snapped to the side at the harshness.

"I don't know!"

He looked demonic as he turned his head slowly to face her, their eyes meeting immediately as he gripped her arms tightly, "I really wish you didn't do that."

"I know what you did." Her voice was barely above a whisper, her eyes darting between his flushed ones.

"What? What did I do?" He taunted, laughing lowly at her.

She swallowed, breathing out a shaky breathe of air, "You murdered Peterkin."

His face completely dropped, his eyes narrowing at her with furry, he didn't hesitate as he wrapped his hand around her throat, bringing their faces inches apart, "Don't you ever say those fucking words again."

Luna yelped at his fingertips digging into her skin, she smacked at his hand, tugging at his veined wrist as her eyes widened, "Do you understand? Where's John B?"

"I don't know." Luna repeated, her voice horse as she spoke.

"Luna. Don't lie to me, okay? Do you wanna end up like your father?" He spat, only tightening his grip on the girls throat.

Her hazel eyes were clogged with tears, tricking down her face as her lips parted, everything seeming to tingle as she felt weak, "I don't know, Rafe. Please let me go."

JJ felt useless, his heart breaking at the sight of her being tormented, choked, and hurt.

Rafe opened his mouth, beginning to spit insults at her until his body suddenly jolted to the side, his hand falling to his wife.

Luna coughed, gasping in for air as her body fell against a wooden block, her hands keeping her upright as she caught her breathe once more.

Pope.

;)
it's been a minute.