39

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪!

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗞𝗜𝗘 𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗬𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗢𝗙 Barry's home. Trailers parked with rust chipping off the paint.

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland." Sarah chuckled, glancing out of the window as the car came to a stop.

Pope had been on edge the entire drive here, listing the possible outcomes of going to a drug dealers house. And in all honesty he was fully right.

"This'll only take a second." JJ boasted, pulling his backpack out as he opened the car door.

"Where you going?" John B called out to him.

JJ turned to look at him before opening the screen door, "Yo soy justicia."

And with that he disappeared, everyone sighed as they shook their heads.

"I'll do it." Luna exited the van, following the blonde inside as she began to search for him. The loud banging brought her to a room which she assumed was Barrys. She watched in silence as threw things around.

"I know you got a stash around here somewhere." He mumbled to himself, throwing the covers around as he huffed.

Luna leaned against the doorway, "whats your plan, JJ? Stealing from a druggie?"

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye." He paused, "An eye for an eye, Luna."

She shook her head, "Yeah, that's great, JJ. But what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh?"

JJ yanked down the duffel bag that had been on his top shelf in the closet, it fell on the messy bed as he unzipped it. The blocks of money making a smile enlarge across his lips.

"He knows who we are!" She whined, walking over as she attempted the grab the cash, she failed as he lifted his hands.

"I don't care! Okay? You're a Kook. You don't have anything to worry about. I'll take care of my own shit." JJ spat, wriggling his arm from her grip as he stuffed the stolen money into his bag.

"No, JJ! Give me the money." Luna reached over to grab his bag, pushing it behind her as she backed into the wall.

He formed his lips into a fine line, "it's my idea. If anything he's gonna come for me."

"That's the point!" Her voice broke as she yelled, "you aren't thinking about yourself in this situation. He could kill you!"

"Why do you care so much? Every time I wanna do something that could possibly get me hurt you wanna step in. Why?" JJ flicked his blue eyes between her darker ones.

She swallowed, "because, um, I just..."

"What?" He tilted his head, his brows shooting up.

"Because I love you! Okay? I've loved you since the first time we skipped rocks together. Do you think that I just kissed you for fun? I'm so in love with you, JJ." She admitted, her eyes widening as she finished her rant.

His lips parted, not in rejection more in realization,
John B had walked in, confusion making his face scrunch up as he glanced between the two frozen teens.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah." Luna nodded, shoving the backpack in JJ's chest before stepping out of the room.

Her throat was closing as she pushed open the screen door, the hot air of summer engulfing her as the friends turned to stare at her.

"Luna? You alright?" Pope asked in worry, raking his eyes all over her beat red face.

"Sure."

"Sorry about that, y'all." JJ shut the door, making awkward eye contact with the brunette as he stepped towards the Twinkie.

Kie crossed her arms as she glared at him, "So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?"

"This Barry guy's gonna find out. And he's gonna come after us." Sarah deadpanned, "

John B shook his head in agreement with his girlfriend, "Yes, he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out."

"How'd you like havin' a gun pulled on you?" JJ pressed, "He had it right here on you, bro. Look."

JB slapped his hand away from him, "We've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back."

The blonde reacted quickly, trapping John B against the car as he gripped his shirt, knuckles turning white from the tightness.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh?" John B let his hands fall limp at his side as he was held up, "What are you gonna do when he comes for us?"

"We punch him in the throat." He confided, pulling his hand away as he fixed his dark hat and sat against the soft cushions in the van, "I'm not putting it back. You guys getting in or what?"

Kie stood with her arms folded, glaring at the reckless teenager, "We're sick of your shit."

"Oh, my shit?" He fought back.

"Yeah. Your shit. Your pulling guns on people shit." Pope sided with the dark haired girl, "You acting like a maniac..."

He was cut off as JJ flew in front of him, getting in his face as he defended himself, "Okay, Pope, I took the fall for you, man! Know how much I owe because of you?"

Pope pushed his muscled chest, "I'm gonna pay you back, and I didn't ask you to do that!"

"I just did!" JJ held the filled bag in his hand as he glanced down at it, "Pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself. You know what? That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Go off by myself."

"Wait, JJ." Luna broke her silence, "we can figure this out."

He ignored her as he kept walking, backpack slinging across his shoulders as he left his friends. Not a care in the world.

"Shit."

:)
so basically...
yes he loves her.
did he say it?
no.
but that's why we have more chapters!
also thank you so much for 11k reads
i love you all <3