49

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙩.

𝗣𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗞𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗟𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗣𝗨𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗗 the Pogues had no idea, they had hid in some junk yard like cabin.

The loud plane engines whirring above them had them all throwing their heads back as they watched it fly right over their them.

"There goes the gold." Luna swallowed in defeat, grabbing the wooden block as she threw it at the containers lying around.

"Fuck!" Pope yelled, running around frantically as he had thrown multiple objects around, cursing loudly as his anger had taken over his overwhelmed body.

The three jumped back, gasping and widening their eyes as they watched him completely loose it.

"Pope!" Kiara screamed, attempting to grasp his attention as he continued to have a mental breakdown.

His chest was raising up and down rapidly, his dark brown eyes seeming to be even darker as he gave the friends a blank stare, he had stopped throwing things as he just stood frozen.

"Yeah, dude." JJ sighed, fumbling with his pocket as he pulled out the freshly rolled blunt, offering it to Pope, "I was wondering when this was gonna happen. Here you go, chief. A little weed never hurt no one."

Kie had parted her lips, "JJ."

Pope was quick to wrap his lips around the end of it, inhaling the drug as it flowed into his lungs, making it's way down to his bloodstream as it immediately started to effect him.

"Relax, Kie." JJ shot back, a smile spreading across his lips as he watched Pope continue to inhale.

He wasn't a smoker, he didn't do drugs or really drink alcohol. Pope Heyward was constantly sober, focusing on the important stuff in his life instead of worrying about getting high every minute. But in this moment, all the things that he worked for had become completely useless.

"You know he doesn't smoke." The brunette glared harshly at the inconsiderate blonde, a scoff leaving her chapped lips.

"Well, maybe not until today." JJ shrugged her off, folding his arms as he had felt extremely accomplished.

Kie rolled her eyes, flicking her eyesight back to the calmed teen, "Pope. Yeah, what is that gonna help?"

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every... It's gone. It's not gonna happen." Pope croaked, his shoulders dropping in disappointment as he brought the half smoked blunt back to his round lips.

Luna furrowed her brows at him, slightly shocked at his confession, "You did that for us?"

"No, not for us." Pope shook his head, "For nothing."

"I'm here for you, Pope." JJ wrapped a comforting arm around his shoulders, "Welcome to my world, okay?"

"JJ..." Kie trailed off, darting her tongue out lick her lips.

He stared harshly at her, raising his brows in challenge, "What, Kie? He's right. It doesn't matter anymore."

"He's right, Kie." Luna bit into her bottom lip, "the golds gone. Ward won."

Before the friends could respond to her, a stumbling and bloody John B had entered the junkyard, the friends gaping in shock as they ran over towards him.

Luna didn't care if she was covered in blood as she wrapped her arms securely around her brother, collapsing against him as she nearly cried out into his chest, "are you hurt? Please tell me you're okay."

John B was silent, wrapping his arms around his sibling as his own tears fell down his face, the three Pogues were quick to join their hug.

Things were only going to get worse from here.

:)
sad chapters
coming up.
which also means
the end of this book...
wtf no.
anyways thank you sm for
19k reads ?! i love you