10

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝙇𝙖𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙬𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙠.

𝗝𝗝 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔 𝗟𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗛 𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗧 𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗡 𝗕'𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗪, placing his fists on it as he banged loudly, screaming at the slumped Pogue, "DCS! I know you're in there!"

Luna crossed her arms, her ponytail whacking the blonde in the face as she appeared in the window, "Mornin' J."

They had all relocated to the Twinkie, JB convincing the two to join him for a trip to the Grubbs residence, hoping to figure out what the hell was going on.

None of it made sense. Finding the Grady-White wreckage, the disappearance of Scooter Grubbs, the compass. More importantly Big Johns compass. What was it doing with Scooter?

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara." JJ blurted, "She clearly likes you. She's like, "Oh, John B.""

John scoffed at his friend, flicking his eyes up to the rear view mirror as he watched Luna completely tone out the boys, "Is that what she does? It's not like we were makin' out. Low-hanging fruit, bro."

They continued their small bickering until the van had completed it's trip, stopping as John B turned off the engine, JJ running to the side doors as he pushed them open.

Luna smiled kindly at his gesture, her cheeks becoming a slight pink as he helped her out of the car, his warm skin on hers as their hands stayed enveloped, "Why thank you, Maybank."

Paint had been chipping off of the house, the weeds way overgrown as the three made their way towards it, "Know what this house looks like?" JJ asked, "Whoever lives here smokes too much weed."

She opened her mouth to respond but she quickly shut her mouth as she heard a loud crashing noise, "Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up." A mans voice ordered.

John B tugged the two along, hiding themselves behind the house as he poked his head out, scanning his eyes over the area in search for anything, JJ's grips on her hand tightened as the screams continued.

Her thumb rubbed softly in a comforting manner, a frown forming on her face as he jumped at the banging. She hated Luke Maybank with a passion, she could write a ten page essay on why she hated that man.

After a few more rounds of yells and cries it came to an end. The familiar men walked out of her house, anger written all over their bodies as they stepped onto the boat, "Dude, those were the guys that shot at us."

John B had led them into the destroyed home, he followed the sound of sobbing as they walked through the hallway, "Ms. Lana?"

Now it was Luna's turn to grip onto his hand, Lana was limp as she laid against the wall, fresh tears running down her face as well as blood. Her bathroom was demolished, the sink being halfway out of the wall as her decorations had been smashed to pieces, "Hey, are you okay?"

The brunette leaned beside her, Luna and JJ standing behind him as they shared concerning looks, he was gentle with her, "Do you need a doctor? Let's call the sheriff's department."

Immediately the woman shot up, another cry escaping her mouth as she begged, "No cops, please. You shouldn't be here."

JJ rolled his bottom lip into his mouth, his free hand grabbing John B's shoulder as he tried to pry him away from the lady, "That's enough for me. Come on."

"Wait, wait." John B hushed him, the compass tucked away safely in his pocket, "What do you know about these guys?"

Lana shut her eyes, reliving the horrific scene that occurred minutes ago, "They were looking for something."

"Does it have anything to do with this?" He hesitated as he revealed the sacred object, lifting it into her sight as he questioned her, "Do you know anything about this? This is my father's, and Scooter had it. Why?"

Her face began pale as she saw the compass, her breathe picking up, she shook her head, more tears falling from her brown eyes, "Scooter didn't have it, okay? They can't know! You've gotta get out of here!"

JB continued to scream things at her as he ripped away, JJ ushering him out of the house and back to the van.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗪𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗭𝗭𝗟𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗝𝗝 dramatically tell the story, her back laying against the cushions as they sat around, listening to the boy.

"And we were right outside like this." JJ told, his back going against the brick as he imitated himself, "And all we hear is just, "Bam! Bam! Bam!" Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside.
All right? And I'm just looking at them, like...
Wait, first off, look at this shit. Look at it. The house."

Kiara made a sour face as she watched the dried white "paint" fall from his hair, drifting down as it landed on the ground, "That's dandruff, disgusting."

JJ ignored her comment, pacing back and forth as he spoke in a rushed manner, "Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death."

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Kie sat up, stealing one of Luna's twizzlers as she placed it to her bottom lip, "Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like? Anything."

"Anything we can bring to a police report?" Pope added.

JJ nodded, "Yeah. Burly."

Luna glanced up at him, placing her candy in her lip as she raised her brows, "Burly?"

Kie sent her a smile, tucking the curls behind her ears as she blew out a groan, "That's not very helpful."

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage." JJ specified, still running his ring clad hands threw the blonde strands, "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers. can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers...they're square groupers."

After going back and forth for a bit, John B had jerked up, an idea popping into his head after listening to his friends casual disagreement, "The office."

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
tea...