12

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗙𝗟𝗘𝗪 𝗨𝗣 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗔𝗦 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗗 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗧𝗛𝗘 sliver lighter that she had stole from JJ, the tips of her fingers heated up as she would run them through the dark orange flame, her clearly being bored.

JJ kept his eyes fixated on her, his cheeks becoming a light pink as he watched a smile break out on her face every time she was unable to keep the flame up.

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B's voice had taken them both out of their daze, "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?"

Luna tilted her head over at John B, his stare remained on the road as he drove, she nodded, shrugging lightly, "Yeah. It's possible."

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." Pope suggested, fiddling with his fingers as he slumped in his seat.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels." JJ blurted, his hand reaching out to grab his lighter back, ignoring Luna's whines, "Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it."

John B had gripped the steering wheel tighter, "I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message."

"If it helps you believe, John B." Pope mumbled under his breathe, staring out of the window behind him.

John had heard him, sensing yet another long conversation about how he is delusional about his father being missing, "Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? Look, I'm not trippin' out. Look, my... my dad is missing, okay? Missing.
You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

Luna frowned deeply, the atmosphere of the car becoming gloomy as everyone had closed their mouths, she attempted to lighten up the mood, "Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility."

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere." JJ added, pushing her knees as he laughed.

She rolled her eyes, reaching up to pull of his red hat, adoring the way his blonde strands fell sloppily down his face, he was quick to snatch it back, throwing it over his head once more as he fixed his hair.

"Redfield Lighthouse. That's my dad's favorite place." John smiled vaguely, pulling the Twinkie on the grass as they had arrived.

JJ had slid the van doors open, allowing Luna and Pope to step out, they had joined Kie and John on the opposite side of the truck while waiting for the plan.

"Right. You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" He pointed his finger between the three, Luna fake groaning, "Why me?"

The blonde had snaked his hand around her back, placing it over her mouth to keep her quite, "Wait... Why me?"

His hand flew off her mouth as he felt her wet tongue glide against his palm, her made a grossed out face as he rubbed his skin against his shorts.

"Pope, you stand look out with JJ and Lu,Okay?" John directed, If we get split up, we meet back at JJ's house."

Luna waved them off as the two ventured off towards the run down lighthouse, Pope complained about his scholarship essay as he threw himself back into the van, JJ and Luna had been standing outside the vehicle, passing a red ball back and forth.