20

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬
𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨 & 𝙣𝙤 𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙠.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗬 𝗧𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗠𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 wind speed picked up drastically, her hands catching her before she went swimming with the fishes.

"All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B called to the blonde, his eyes never leaving the bright screen of the ROV camera.

JJ complied, the boat turning as he yanked the wheel to the side, the view of absolutely nothing still on the screen.

"One hundred feet." Kiara announced, the wire shorting by each second.

Luna walked into the covered area of the boat, JJ being busy will controlling the boat to even notice her walk in, she sat beside him, jumping onto the surface, the black sunglasses blocked his eyes but she could tell he was looking at him.

"Four hundred feet!"

Kiara begged for Luna's help as the wire was pulling her in as it went into the waters below them, of course she was at her side in a millisecond.

Her eyes scanned over the tinted water as the yellow disappeared into it, noticing how everything was beginning to shift, and not in a great way, "the tide's turning."

John B rolled his bottom lip into his mouth as he listened to the girl only a couple feet away. He had to think fast, "ten seconds easy. South-southeast. JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right? South."

"Copy that! Aye, aye." JJ responded, the boat shifting quickly in the direction of JB's directions.

"Keep the tether out of the prop!" Pope yelled out of frustration.

With both hands on the colored wire, Luna glanced over her shoulder at the boy, "we are trying!"

Thunder brewed in the sky, the noise echoing through the open ocean, the pit in Luna's stomach only grew with every strike above them. She hated going out in storms, especially on boats. As much as she hated to say it, she didn't wanna face the same as her father.

"Okay, 700 feet!"

Between the wind speeds being so strong that it felt like all of them were going to blow away and the loud thunder crashing around them, they boat could only hold so much at this point.

"JJ, we'll turtle in this storm." John B groaned, eyes still planted on the camera view before him, "crank it north by northwest! Ten seconds!"

The tether was slipping out of the girls hands as they dropped it, their feet stumbling over the air as they held onto it, "there's too much current! We're gonna lose it!"

"South, southwest, JJ! Hard!" John B directed him, the monitor beeping annoyingly loud, "half speed. Steady at this bearing, JJ!"

They had to have found something right? With her hands gripped on the wire, Luna peered over her shoulder, looking at the two boys with hopeful eyes, "What do you got, Pope? Come on, man. What do you see?"

"Nothin'. A whole lot of nothin'." He hissed, shoulders bent as he examined everything that was being shown to him.

The screen just showed the ROV making its way downwards, a few fish swimming past them as it dropped lower, no sign of a shipwreck or gold.

"960."

"970!"

"980!"

It hid the bottom of the ocean with a thud, the sand flying around it, blocking the camera view as it scurried away, "i'm at the bottom! I'm at the bottom!"

"Okay, steady here, JJ! Steady here. Quarter speed, all right?" JB shouted, waiting for something to pop
up on the large screen, "you should be seeing something, man."

Luna joined the Pogues, resting her elbow on Popes shoulder as they both stared the camera view, both of their jaws dropped at the outline of a ship appeared, the bow of it being shown as it was overly rusted, "oh, good God."

"It's the Royal Merchant."

𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗦 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗢𝗡 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 no sign of gold. The ROV had been through every small crack and did a 360 around the entire boat.

John B sighed, shaking his head as he ordered for Pope to call it off, "it's not there. Look, just... just pull the drone up.

"Look, we can do another pass. recharge the battery.
We can... we can go back down." Pope suggested, his shoulders dropping in disappointment.

"We've done it three times. There's nothing there." JJ concluded, hands still pressing down on the wheel, his head in a downwards direction.

Luna didn't wanna believe that her father didn't find the gold, she felt that in a way she owed him this, after not even being a daughter to him, "shut up!

All heads turned to her at her sudden outburst, her hands pulling at her roots as she paced, "the gold could be buried. We don't know. It's there okay? C'mon."

JB answered her with a head-shake, his lips parting as he stared at her with sad eyes, "] If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay?
Somebody beat us to it."

"Or it was never there." JJ scoffed, turning on the boats engine as he drove them out of the open ocean and back to shore.

The brunette siblings had slumped against the damp cushions, not even caring if their bottom were getting soaked, Luna rested her temple on his shoulder, his eyes closing at the comfort as he laid his head against hers, "i'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. Someone has to have gotten it before we could. No biggie." JB shrugged, his heart breaking at his own words.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘
hii <3
sorry this chapter is slightly late !!!