57

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣.

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛 most of the time. The thought of having to deal with reality and all of its: impossible to solve problems, made her sick to her stomach.

The guilt had eaten her up, the image of JJ replaying over and over again in her head as she balled her body up, the only light being the night light plugged into the furthest outlet.

Her hazel eyes ran over the time, 𝟭:𝟮𝟰 pm. She had more than an hour to arrive at the dock, to wish her brother a safe journey off to an secluded island.

"Fuck this." She blurted abruptly, hurrying to her feet as she grabbed her car keys from the vanity.

Her mother hadn't even noticed her daughter arrival, neither did she pay any mind towards her exit.

When she had arrived at The Wreck, it had been the same before she left. Silent, but not empty. She threw open her car door, shutting it quietly behind her as she didn't want to alarm the friends inside.

"I'm sorry." Luna apologized, watching the two jump at her voice, their back hitting the table as they spun around to face her.

"God, Luna, you scared the crap out of me." Kie placed a hand over her pacing heart, hurrying to unlock the door.

"My bad." Luna laughed, turning her attention towards the quiet blonde, "JJ. I'm really sorry that I flipped on you. You're more than friend to me, we both know that. I was just angry and hurt. You were just trying to look out for me, and I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"It's okay. I didn't take it heart that much. But next time, don't yell at me." JJ taunted, bringing her in for a tight hug. Of course her words went straight to his heart, hearing them leave her mouth made his stomach whirl.

Luna turned towards the grocery bags on the table, filled to the brim with different kinds of food and drinks, "Is that enough food for them?"

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." JJ trailed off, shrugging lightly at the packed bags.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings." Kie blurted, gesturing towards her rejection at Pope.

"Look, don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels." JJ reassured her, flashing her a crooked smile.

Luna formed her lips into a flat line, gathering the bags as they stepped out into the hot summer heat, "The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him." Kiara mumbled, huffing as she dropped the heavy bag.

The group loaded up the groceries, keeping them secured in the back of Luna's truck, they heads shooting over towards the approaching car.

JJ had slid into the front seat, immediately familiarizing the car, Kie had jumped into the backseat.

"Where you been?" Nora came into view, closing her doors as she walked towards her daughter.

"Uh... I'm fine. I slept here." Luna tucked her light strands behind her ears, sensing the argument beginning to from.

Nora nearly scoffed at her daughters carelessness, "Well, I was up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you. Were you even gonna tell me?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now." Luna crossed her arms, not buying one part of her mother's sudden care.

"What the hell are you three up to?" Nora asked, her eyes wondering over to JJ and Kiara sat in the truck.

"I'm sorry, Miss Nora, we gotta go." JJ stuck his head out of the window, urging for Luna to hurry up.

The brunette slowly stepped back, "Sorry. I'm sorry."

"Absolutely not." Nora's voice was stern, following her daughters backwards steps as she refused to create distance between the two of them, "Have you heard what's going on?"

"Mom, I'll explain later." Luna gripped the door handle, throwing it open as she slid into the sticky seat.

Nora stood outside of the drivers window, feeling like she had been staring at a stranger, "Have you seen the storm? This is not safe."

Luna pressed her fingertips over the automatic engine starter, the car rumbling as it started up quickly.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I have to go!" Luna shouted, locking all of the doors, not granting access to her mother's entry.

Nora had felt extremely betrayed, her lips parting as she lifted her fists to the rolled windows, "These cops are armed, Luna. You'll get shot."

The reckless teenager gripped the steering wheel, sending her mother a look of sorrow, "I have to go! Mom, John B needs me!"

"You need to stay here. Open this door!" Her fists continued to bang on the unbreakable glass.

Luna had placed her car into reverse, slowly backing out of the parking space, yelling apologies to her mother, "I'm sorry."

"Don't do this!" Nora shouted, watching her beloved daughter leave her abandoned, the car speeding away, leaving only a cloud of smoke behind.

:)
25k?! i love you all so much.
this story is getting closer to the
end :(