32

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬- 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙮?

𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗡 𝗕 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗕𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚, 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗙𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 open as he laid on the hard hospital bed, he saw the blonde hair as she sat on the edge of the bed, smiling down at him. Then he saw the matching brown hair he had, the hazel eyes softening.

"Sarah? Luna?" He asked, groaning lowly as he rubbed his temples, his body hooked up to wires which led to the machine beside him, "Where am I?"

"St. Olive's. You fell from the Hawk's Nest. You have a concussion and a broken wrist." Sarah informed him, rubbing the blanket between her two fingers.

And then it hit him, the DCS, "I need to get outta here. DCS is gonna find me..."

Ward interrupted him as he walked in, "Hang on there, kid. Hang on. Sarah told me everything.
About your little adventure, about you running from the DCS, about how you were protecting her in the tower. John, I believe I owe you an apology. You were honest with me about a small indiscretion, and I went ahead and fired you anyway. And I shouldn't have. Unfortunately, from time to time, I have a bit of a... short fuse. Ask her."

"It's true." Sarah stifled a laugh, biting into her chapped lower lip as she stared at they boy.

"I'd like to make up for it, if you'll let me." Ward began, "I spoke with Sheriff Peterkin, and...I've offered to be your legal guardian, if you'll have me."

John B chuckled in disbelief, "What?"

"It'd mean a roof over your head and no more runnin' from the DCS." Ward smiled gently at the injured teenager.

"Sure, yeah. Uh..." JB nodded, glancing over at his sister who remained silent, "can I?"

"Um, yeah of course." Luna picked up a cardboard box, shaking her head as she handed it to him, "it's just a bunch of his old stuff, my mom gave it to me last night. Thinks that it should be passed down o you. Uh, I kept all the stuff for..."

"Oh, yeah. Thanks, Lu." He smiled appreciatively as he searched through the box, rubbing his thumb over an old photograph of his father.

Ward tensed at the mention of his late friend, "sorry did you say Nora had this?"

"Yeah, why?" Luna furrowed her brows in confusion as she stared at the older man.

"She told you?"

"Told me what?" She inquired, staring at him totally lost, he swallowed, glancing down at the expensive shoes.

He rubbed the prickle on his chin as he flicked his eyes back up to her, "nothing, you just look a lot like him."

Luna formed her lips into a line as she nodded slowly, Sarah glancing between the two, "wait, you two are siblings?"

"Uh, yeah. It's a long story." John B answered, placing the box to the side of him as he adjusted himself, sitting up.

"JJ is waiting for me, I gotta go." Luna played with the freshly cut ends of her hair, "meet us at The Wreck, okay? It's just sort of a friends meeting so just you."

Before they could reply she stepped out of the room, huffing to herself as she rubbed her eyes, clicking the button of the elevator as it lowered, her head leaned against the back of it as she played with her keys.

"What the fuck just happened."

𝗞𝗜𝗔𝗥𝗔 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗛𝗜𝗠 𝗗𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗗, 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗝𝗔𝗪 𝗗𝗥𝗢𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 as she shook her head, "I'm sorry. You're staying where?"

"Tannyhill." John B repeated, slumping into the black chair.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie groaned, fixing the messy strands of her brunette curls, her hands gripping the edge of the table as they sat at The Wreck.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't..." JB began but was cut off.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope interrupted, leaning on his elbow as he sent his friend a questioning look.

John B sighed, turning to him as he shrugged, "I don't know, Pope."

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" He asked another stupid question, JJ shooting up as he added, "Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?"

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie changed the subject back to the Cameron girl.

"He lied Kiara, it's so obvious that they are more then friends, okay? I seen the way she looked at him in the hospital and plus she kissed him last night. Obviously we are just gonna have to get over it." Luna ranted, everyone going silent at her outburst.

John B played with the fringes on his cast, "guys c'mon."

"Don't." Luna placed her hand up, cutting off whatever excuse he was going to come up with.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ preached, placing a comforting hand on the inside of her thigh as he rubbed his thumb back and forth, her body calming at the gentle touch.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine.
But I'm letting you know now that we are not doing anything with Sarah." Kie spoke for both herself and her best friend, her palms flat against the table top.

"Do you guys see her here?" John B asked, looking at all of them, "No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

The large sheet of paper was laid out on the table as they all stared down at it, most people would think a toddler had drew it.

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ sneered, tracing his finger along one of the many line.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed." Luna shook her head, a grin ghosting over lips as she sat on his lap, "So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed."

JJ wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to the skin on her shoulder as he stood, grabbing the set of keys as she passed them to John B.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
why am i single 🙂